Free Dining Fest 9/25-10/2--Pics and 18% gratuity included Part 2

lonegungirl

Mouseketeer
9/28: Lunch at Columbia Harbor House
DSC04360.jpg

The chicken fingers were reasonably good--moist inside, crunchy outside--but the fish sticks were bleah. They were shaped like weiners (which I hate) and had an unpleasant fishy taste. The cake was the only option for dessert, and it seemed to be about 50% frosting. Plus, the waitstaff seemed a little harried, and it had just opened for the day.

Dinner at Coral Reef
DSC04362.jpg

We each had our own 1-credit dinner tonight. I had the crab claws which I thought were very good, although still slightly tricky to get out of the unexposed claw part. The meat was good though.

DSC04363.jpg

DM's seafood souffle. She wasn't fond of it, claiming that it had "too much breading." I tasted it and it did seem a little starchy. I would not order this again.

DSC04364.jpg

I had the ahi which was done excellently well--seared outside, and raw inside, as I like it. There was almost no gristle, and the wasabi potatoes went marvelously with it.

DSC04365.jpg

DM had the prime rib which was humongous. Seriously, this could have fed a small army. Unfortunately, she didn't think the taste was very good (more ore less absent,) and I would have to concur. Could not recommend this as your entree.

DSC04369.jpg

Both had the chocolate wave for dessert. So good...so very very good...I'm sorry, where was I?

Summary: I'm still looking for a good CS at MK. If you go to Columbia Harbor House, just get the chicken. If you go to Coral Reef, maybe just get the seafood.

9/29: Lunch at Polynesian Resort temporary CS
PolyLunch.jpg

I was actually trying to get here for breakfast for the tonga toast, but we couldn't get up in time. Instead we had the BBQ pork flatbread which was very respectable, but not quite as good as the flatbread from Jiko's. The temporary arrangement they have here only lets you get bottled drinks and I think we had chips as well.

Dinner at Narcoosee's
DSC04408.jpg

They let me get smoothies at most places. This one had raspberry, and Hawaiian sea salt on the butter.

Appetizer was fried calimari which was really good apparently, because we ate it before I remembered to take a photo.

DSC04410.jpg

We split the 2lb Maine lobster. This might have been the best lobster I ever had, although admittedly it's from a small sample size.

DSC04411.jpg

The almond-crusted cheesecake was really good, but we were in a little bit of a hurry by now, as the service was markedly slow and we were trying to make the Halloween party.

Summary: Narcoosee was the stand-out restaurant for me this trip. I would definitely come back, although probably just on the dining plan, as I don't think I would normally pay the $54 the lobster entree cost. Plan out a lot of time, however, because I think dinner took over 2 hours. The view was grand.

Great reviews. That chocolate wave looks so yummy, I can't wait to finally try it for myself in January. :love:

Thanks for another great review & pictures. We will be eating at Coral Reef for the first time in December. The tuna looked very good. :)

Again, thanks for the reviews and pictures! We are going to Coral Reef in a few weeks and I can't wait! :banana:

Excellent reviews ~ Lovely piccies as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter