Free Dining...any guesses from the pros?

CathieArms

DIS Veteran
We're going to WDW from June 13-23. I called today to check and see if there were any promos or pins that were released that I've missed. Nope. But the CM said to check back about once a month and "felt sure" that something would pop up and kinda thought maybe they might extend free dining. He wasn't speaking from authority as in "I've seen it and it's coming," but more from the "gut feeling" category.

What do you think? What has your experience been for that time frame? Right now we're doing rack rate room and dining. It sure would be great to have any kind of break anywhere, and dining would be a great place to start.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codetrends

for all the historical info you could want on when & what was offered the last few years. '09, the June general public discounts didn'ts come out until May '09; but this year the summer discounts came out in March.

As the economy has picked up a little I'm not sure they'll extend the free dining into summer (which is the busiest season...so they don't need to offer the deepest discounts during prime vacation time.) I'd expect a smaller room discount being offered like 15-20% off room rates. But you never know--they had announced they were going to start cutting back on discounts this year, and then a couple of months later wham/blam they were offering extended free dining way earlier than previous years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter