Free Dining Already?!!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by mshanson3121, Jan 8, 2019.

1. mshanson3121

mshanson3121 DIS Veteran

So I just saw the free dining deal released for July 5-Sept 30. Is this a good indicator that there will not be any free dining this fall?

2. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I would say yes it’s a good indicator. With Star Wars opening in the Fall they wouldn’t run many deals during that time. They have soft bookings pre-fall so they want to fill the rooms before Star Wars.

3. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

It means enough people are putting off going until SWGE opens that Disney has to offer free dining during the summer to entice people to the parks.

GrandAdmiralStrife likes this.
  4. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

It also means that WDW is expecting very low crowds for the summer. It makes me wish we could move our October trip to the summer, despite the heat. But, given that my nephews go back to school at the beginning of August, it just won’t be possible. Plus, despite the free dining and room discounts, DVC still costs more points during summer vs. fall.

5. PrincessArlena'sDad

PrincessArlena'sDad DIS Veteran

Not just free dining, but also the room discount.

Specifically, this means their resort bookings are down. But, I don't know if we can extrapolate that park attendance will be down, as well. At least to the point that a guest could notice a difference.

I've read numerous times on here that it is offsite visitors that determine park crowds.

MuppetFan418 and Nancyg56 like this.