• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining again this summer?????maybe

mahoneyth

Mouseketeer
Does any of you disney experts think they will offer this again during the slow summer months???

The general opinion on this is "no." Disney marketing did a great job letting people "see" what a great thing the dining plan can be by offering it for free last year. Now we're all willing to pay for it, they don't need to give it away anymore. Occupancy is also up at the world, so no need of gimmicks to get us there.

You never know but I doubt it. I think that there will be some type of promo for the slower (aka hurricane prone months) but I don't think that it will be free dining.

Didn't the pay for 4 get 7 nights promotion become pay for 5 and get 7 the next year?

If there is any free dining I don't think it'll be as generous as it was last year. Maybe a BOGO, pay for one adult and get one free, pay for one child get one child free. Maybe tied to longer park passes. The value of dining exceeded the value of the resort room. Some guests were considering booking a value room for a party of 4 and not even using it.

I would expect some type of promotion that allows us to book dining and get some type of discount on the package.

Hi...I already have a package booked for late aug. 7 nights WL, with dining and tickets. What if a deal comes out ...weather it be dining or 5 nights for 7 or something. Will I be able to apply it to my ressie? Or will it just be for people who have yet to book?

This a good question!!! We have ressies for the end of August at POFQ and I am wondering the same thing!! :confused3

tinker, are you a disney stock holder... :goodvibes
I think they get allot of money from us from buying merchandise and more merchandise....i don't think the disney resorts are going to be as full as you think during the end of Aug and through Sep.......We'll see what the marketing come ups with.

Thanks for your help though.

Tinker74 said:
Hi...I already have a package booked for late aug. 7 nights WL, with dining and tickets. What if a deal comes out ...weather it be dining or 5 nights for 7 or something. Will I be able to apply it to my ressie? Or will it just be for people who have yet to book?

In the past you could change your reservation to a promotional program if their were promotional rate rooms available at your resort for your dates or if you're willing to change to a resort with availability. Your reservation at a resort, slightly, reduces the chance that Disney will be offering a discount for your dates.

Worse case scenario cancel and rebook. You'd lose your vacation insurance premium.

I don't see it happening again. I recently talked with a CM while making my ADRs for April and told her we had did the free dining in September, that is why we are now adding it to our DVC reservation in April. She said that was exactly why they did it and it's been such a huge success. No need to ever offer it again, especially since the restraurants are filled on a regular basis now. However, if by chance it does ever happen again, I will be making a quick trip to WDW, because it was such a huge savings. (I only have 3 trips planned this year, so no problem if I throw another one in--compared to the 6 trips I had last year). I'm just so happy now that DVC members can add it to their reservations without the ticket restrictions!!

I'm waiting with baited breath. Last year, it came out in June. Still a couple months yet before it comes out. I don't have my hopes up, however.

We'll see whether DL or WDW has the best deal this year or if neither are good, I'll be savin $ for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter