Freaked out!!!!!!

LOVEDISNEYLAND

<font color=deeppink>You brought so much joy and p
I've been hearing reports of bedbugs in hotels around Disneyland. First a while back a thread about them being in Best Western Park Place Inn and now the Fairfield Inn. I'm freaking out here and now I'm going to be scared to sleep at night for fear I'm going to eaten at night as I sleep, just like the lady and her boys were at the Fairfield inn 650 some bites!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :scared: My H and I are staying at Best Western Anahiem Inn. Has anybody ever seen or had issues with bed bugs at this hotel???? Please let me know if you have or not!!!! Do you think it would be rude of me to call the hotel where we are staying, not giving my name and ask if they had ever had any issues with bed bugs? I'm not even sure if they would even be truthfull with me :confused3 Please any advice or comments are welcome to calm or fuel my fears :scared: :scared: :eek: of these nasty things!!!!!

I am sure they have had this or other problems over the years, don;t worry, be happy and have a FUNtastic time :thumbsup2 :sunny:

There are literally thousands of people sleeping in hotel rooms in that area every day. There have been less then 1/2 dozen reports of bed bugs. The chances of you having them in your bed are slim.

I understand your "freaking out"! My worst fear is bringing bed bugs home with me but I don't want my fear to ruin my trip. What I suggest is that you search some of the other threads for informative links. Educate yourself, know what they look like, know how to check your hotel room and hotel bed for the bedbugs, check the room out BEFORE you bring up your luggage. I know it is "ewww" but make yourself look at the pictures of the bugs and the examples of what the mattresses might look like and then you can feel confident that you could identify them in your hotel room. Once you are educated, you will feel more comfortable and sleep tight without the bed bugs biting!

fidoprincess said:
I understand your "freaking out"! My worst fear is bringing bed bugs home with me but I don't want my fear to ruin my trip. What I suggest is that you search some of the other threads for informative links. Educate yourself, know what they look like, know how to check your hotel room and hotel bed for the bedbugs, check the room out BEFORE you bring up your luggage. I know it is "ewww" but make yourself look at the pictures of the bugs and the examples of what the mattresses might look like and then you can feel confident that you could identify them in your hotel room. Once you are educated, you will feel more comfortable and sleep tight without the bed bugs biting!

I totally agree!! Just check out a web site that shows you what they look like and what to look for. You could probably Google "bedbugs" and get a whole host of sites.

Before your stuff enters the room, just go in, whip up the bedspread, sheets and mattress cover. Check out the seams of the mattress and look on the box spring and bed frame. You will see them or their "droppings" quickly if they are there. Depending on what you find, take it from there.

Sam!

SamIAm21 said:
I totally agree!! Just check out a web site that shows you what they look like and what to look for. You could probably Google "bedbugs" and get a whole host of sites.

Before your stuff enters the room, just go in, whip up the bedspread, sheets and mattress cover. Check out the seams of the mattress and look on the box spring and bed frame. You will see them or their "droppings" quickly if they are there. Depending on what you find, take it from there.

Sam!

This is great advice - we did the same thing this summer during our trip to WDW - bedbugs had been found at some of the deluxe resorts. The bedbugs themselves are about the size of an appleseed and leave what look like spots of dried blood. Also check the wall at the head of the bed for signs.

It should also be noted that most major hotel chains across the States have had this problem. It is usually a limited number of rooms in a hotel at a time. They are very proactive in taking care of the problem once it has been identified. People bring them in on their belongings (the joy of international travel) so hotels can be re-infested. As previous posters said, check for their droppings, esp. behind the headboard and if you see signs, ask to be moved to another room.

I hear that they have gotten most of the bigger ones that were carrying the tourist off to other locations to share with the smaller ones.

Goofster57 said:
I hear that they have gotten most of the bigger ones that were carrying the tourist off to other locations to share with the smaller ones.

That's good to hear - is there anything in particular I should avoid eating - I don't want too be tasty for them

HAHAHA some of the posts are too funny. I share in your fear. My DH, DS7, and I all have a ritual in hotels we enter the room turn on every light imaginable look for bugs, pull all blankets and top sheet off bed and onto floor, we then pull up every edge of the materessess looking for the black specs. We thank GOD have never found any. We've stayed recently at Jolly Roger Oct. 8 - 10, 2006. It was old, but very clean.

dizzyami said:
That's good to hear - is there anything in particular I should avoid eating - I don't want too be tasty for them

Anything from the Hungry Bear over in Critter Country should act as a good repellent

LOVEDISNEYLAND said:
I've been hearing reports of bedbugs in hotels around Disneyland. First a while back a thread about them being in Best Western Park Place Inn and now the Fairfield Inn. I'm freaking out here and now I'm going to be scared to sleep at night for fear I'm going to eaten at night as I sleep, just like the lady and her boys were at the Fairfield inn 650 some bites!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :scared: My H and I are staying at Best Western Anahiem Inn. Has anybody ever seen or had issues with bed bugs at this hotel???? Please let me know if you have or not!!!! Do you think it would be rude of me to call the hotel where we are staying, not giving my name and ask if they had ever had any issues with bed bugs? I'm not even sure if they would even be truthfull with me :confused3 Please any advice or comments are welcome to calm or fuel my fears :scared: :scared: :eek: of these nasty things!!!!!
Just got back from 5 days in DL. Stayed at BWPPI and did not have any problems at all with bed bugs. I admit I was a little nervous after reading the posts, but everything was fine. In fact, it was super clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter