Framing the holiday lithograph

krr126

Mouseketeer
Has anyone else received the holiday lithograph in the mail (along with flyer advertising the newest E-Compass and cruise iterneraries?) It's so cute :lovestruc and I wanted to get a frame for it but it is an odd size. It's not 5x7 or 6x8! more like 5.5 x 8.5? I guess I could trim a 5x7 mat but ugh! :confused3 Anyone have an easy solution that I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance!

Get a frame with a mat that has a 5 x 7 opening that you like and put the lithograph on top of the mat. It will look like it's floating between the glass and the mat. I've done that with odd size artwork and it looks really nice.

we got a 9 x 6 frame and I used Christmas wrapping paper on the back of the frame. We also put the translucent paper ad behind it.

I was hoping to get one but haven't so far. Seems to be no rhyme or reason? I'm Gold and cruised with DCL three times this year alone and have two more booked in 2014.

Congrats on the pixie dust!! :goodvibes

Heather

You can get like a 5x7 and put a really nice scrapbook paper behind it.

We got ours yesterday, pretty cool. ::yes::
The strange thing it came addressed to the family of my DW's hyphenated last-name, very odd since we've never booked a cruise :boat: under her name :confused3

We also got ours yesterday. It sure why we got one this is the first time we have ever gotten one

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi all, thanks so much for the ideas! I did buy an 8x10 frame with 5x7 mat, then a 6x8 snap in frame. Before I saw the responses I was thinking that maybe I would have to try a plain 8x10 floating frame - but I suck at centering pics in those. Maybe I will try the 5x7 mat/8x10 frame idea.....

Good grief, of all the things to be obsessing over the week before Christmas!! :faint:

Kathi

Do we know how they are deciding who gets one?

I'm Gold but not cruising again until October.

Just wondering, b/c I would love to have one!

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason behind it. I'm gold as well, cruising in February 2014. Cruised twice in 2012...heck have cruised every year since 2008! But have yet to see one here. *sigh*

I didn't like the way the litho looked with any of the frames/mats I had, so back to Michaels I went. Got an 8x10 floating frame with tiny edges (so as to not overwhelm the small print), it was 40% off original price of $7.99.

It's not perfectly centered and it doesn't look as good as I was initially hoping it would, but it's done and on the wall. Phew!

thanks all for the input!

Kathi

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason behind it. I'm gold as well, cruising in February 2014. Cruised twice in 2012...heck have cruised every year since 2008! But have yet to see one here. *sigh*

Just got ours today. We're gold, last cruise was in 2012. No cruises booked currently.

Post a pic if you can! I am platinum and haven't received anything like this. Hope the pixie dust happens to blow my way!!!
Happy Sailing!

We are platinum and have 5 cruises booked for 2014. No lithograph. One of our DDs received one today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DISBoards

We got ours today. It was a nice surprise! I'm not sure yet how we'll frame it. We are Silver with 3 cruises taken and no future cruises booked.

I entered a dcl thingy once and was promised a lithograph but it never came. i'm thinking its because we are in Canada.
I did get two 'welcome home' cards from them today. guess that will have to do. :)

Got mine yesterday. Very nice surprise! One DCL cruise completed 6/2012 and none booked. Maybe they're trying to "hook" us back in? ;)

I entered a dcl thingy once and was promised a lithograph but it never came. i'm thinking its because we are in Canada. I did get two 'welcome home' cards from them today. guess that will have to do. :)

I'm in Canada too and got the litho today (have also gotten a few in the past from DVC webcasts). We are silver ... one cruise to Alaska in 2011 ... with an OBB we've been moving forward since then that is currently parked in Aug 2014 in the hope that summer 2015 has something we want. (If not, I will likely just cancel the OBB.)

I'm in Canada too and got the litho today (have also gotten a few in the past from DVC webcasts). We are silver ... one cruise to Alaska in 2011 ... with an OBB we've been moving forward since then that is currently parked in Aug 2014 in the hope that summer 2015 has something we want. (If not, I will likely just cancel the OBB.)

good to know. so theres hope yet. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter