FPs made, but want to change tickets - any chance of losing FPs?

lklasing

Told that I need DA meetings - Disney Anonymous
My 20 year old DD will be going to WDW (without me :sad:) in July. The night before the FP opened up, I figured out that her DVC AP would expire prior to the trip. I couldn't renew her AP that night as it is a DVC gold pass and member services was closed for the day. So I panicked and bought her a 5 day hopper. (I was worried that all the Pandora FPs would get snapped up in the few hours between FPs coming online and DVC member services opening up. :sad2:) Now I really wish I had waited those coupel of hours so I could have renewed her AP gold pass - practically the same price as what I paid for the hopper). If I was going on the trip, I would just upgrade it upon arrival but I'm worried she won't be able to since I'm the DVC member. Plus her renewal window may be closed by then.

So, I'm thinking about going ahead and buying her a renewal of the DVC AP anyway, linking it to her, and reassigning the hopper to someone else who isn't going on this trip. That way maybe I could use the money to apply toward an AP renewal on my next trip, or if we were ever traveling with someone who needed a pass in the future we could use it for them.

But if I do that, is there any chance she would lose her FPs in that ticket switch? If so, I don't want to chance it. Or, will she be okay with FPs as long as I do everything fairly simultaneously?

I'd love anyone's thoughts on the FP issue (or the ticket issue too!).

Thanks!

My 20 year old DD will be going to WDW (without me :sad:) in July. The night before the FP opened up, I figured out that her DVC AP would expire prior to the trip. I couldn't renew her AP that night as it is a DVC gold pass and member services was closed for the day. So I panicked and bought her a 5 day hopper. (I was worried that all the Pandora FPs would get snapped up in the few hours between FPs coming online and DVC member services opening up. :sad2:) Now I really wish I had waited those coupel of hours so I could have renewed her AP gold pass - practically the same price as what I paid for the hopper). If I was going on the trip, I would just upgrade it upon arrival but I'm worried she won't be able to since I'm the DVC member. Plus her renewal window may be closed by then.

So, I'm thinking about going ahead and buying her a renewal of the DVC AP anyway, linking it to her, and reassigning the hopper to someone else who isn't going on this trip. That way maybe I could use the money to apply toward an AP renewal on my next trip, or if we were ever traveling with someone who needed a pass in the future we could use it for them.

But if I do that, is there any chance she would lose her FPs in that ticket switch? If so, I don't want to chance it. Or, will she be okay with FPs as long as I do everything fairly simultaneously?

I'd love anyone's thoughts on the FP issue (or the ticket issue too!).

Thanks!

She should not lose her FPS. Just make sure at all times there is a ticket linked to her account so the DVC AP renewal gets purchased and linked (it already is) and then you reassigned the 5 day.

She should be fine. As long as their is a ticket assigned to her name.

I have done this before and never lost my FPs. (Add an AP after using a basic ticket to get the FPs originally.

Thanks to all. I just got the Gold AP renewal and assigned it to my daughter. I also reassigned the hopper ticket to a new person I created on my MDE.

DD now shows she has a gold AP that expires on June 6, 2017. There is also a Gold AP Renewal Certificate assigned to her that shows it will expire Dec. 31, 2030. Does that sound right for everything to seamlessly switch over to the new renewal certificate after her current AP expires, such that she won't lose the FPs?

Thanks again for the help!

Not to throw a wrench in your plans, but the redemption of a DVC renewal certificate requires the presence of the DVC member with their ID and membership card.

Not to throw a wrench in your plans, but the redemption of a DVC renewal certificate requires the presence of the DVC member with their ID and membership card.

We did the same type renewal last year and I wasn't there with her to pick it up. I sent my DVC card and probably even my drivers license (and of course she had hers as well, which showed the same address, etc.). She was able to get the AP activated with no problem. Has anything changed over the past year? I was thinking we could do the same thing this year and now I'm worried.

We did the same type renewal last year and I wasn't there with her to pick it up. I sent my DVC card and probably even my drivers license (and of course she had hers as well, which showed the same address, etc.). She was able to get the AP activated with no problem. Has anything changed over the past year? I was thinking we could do the same thing this year and now I'm worried.

They've made us get way more strict on DVC in the last 6-8 months. The rule's always been the way it is but exceptions to it are much harder to come by now.

They've made us get way more strict on DVC in the last 6-8 months. The rule's always been the way it is but exceptions to it are much harder to come by now.
Ack. Thanks so much for the info. I don't know what to do other than try and hope for the best. Worst case scenario, if they won't let her use the AP, then I could switch the hopper ticket back to her profile and she could use that. But then I guess I would lose the AP renewal money as none of our other APs will expire within the renewal window of when I bought the AP renewal. Ugh.

If I could just get down there with her, then everything would work fine, but I can't. At least not without spending about the same money as I'm now looking at potentially losing. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Maybe the CM will take pity on her/me/this ridiculous situation I created.

Ack. Thanks so much for the info. I don't know what to do other than try and hope for the best. Worst case scenario, if they won't let her use the AP, then I could switch the hopper ticket back to her profile and she could use that. But then I guess I would lose the AP renewal money as none of our other APs will expire within the renewal window of when I bought the AP renewal. Ugh.

If I could just get down there with her, then everything would work fine, but I can't. At least not without spending about the same money as I'm now looking at potentially losing. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Maybe the CM will take pity on her/me/this ridiculous situation I created.

Give DVC Member Services a call and explain the dilemma. Maybe they and/or Guest Relations can create a file that says the exception's been pre-approved.

Give DVC Member Services a call and explain the dilemma. Maybe they and/or Guest Relations can create a file that says the exception's been pre-approved.
Ravenclaw, thanks so much!! I just called and (after waiting for about 30 minutes to get a CM on the line), they did exactly what you said - created a file and gave me that number, showing that the supervisor has approved my daughter to activate her AP without me being there.

Thanks again! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter