FP day today-what happened?!?!?!

Thomasboys

Mouseketeer
So our TA was up at the crack of dawn to get our fast passes for HS for 5/29 and the only options available were Muppetvision 3D and little Mermaid. What in the world is going on?!?

It seems they may be doing something in the system with fastpasses before June 1. I’ve read this in several places.

Does your stay go through the 1st? Was your TA able to get any for that day or after?

This is just a one day trip. She said things look bad at all of the parks.

It would appear WDW is currently expecting the “indefinite” closure to last until June 1st. I suspect they have shut down the FP system, as they did with ADRs and tickets and room reservations.

Sorry your vacation is impacted!

That’s a bummer! They seem to think there may be potential to open prior to June 1st - so you could just roll with it if you want and see how things look come May. Or you can reschedule again. Good luck!

This is interesting. My trip begins June 1 so our FP day is coming up. I'll be very interested in what comes up!

Planning May 25-June 2 here. We had no problem scheduling on Thursday, but now there is very little availability up until May 31. June 1 and 2 look "normal".

My FP day is tomorrow for a stay starting March 29. I am really not happy about this--so someone whose resort check in was a couple days ahead of me was able to book FPs at their 60 day mark for my May dates, but I won't get to book anything for mine. I don't get the 60-day benefit of my on-site stay, but I don't get the cancellation benefits they are offering either (e.g., free dining).

Seems very cruel to penalize only a tiny group of people who have not yet been able to book their May FPs--why couldn't they just wait until the 60-day FP day for June 1 to implement this?

The Silver AP blockout dates start June 1 too , so if our May 6-10 trip gets cancelled, we are out of luck for a while.

My FP day is tomorrow for a stay starting March 29. I am really not happy about this--so someone whose resort check in was a couple days ahead of me was able to book FPs at their 60 day mark for my May dates, but I won't get to book anything for mine. I don't get the 60-day benefit of my on-site stay, but I don't get the cancellation benefits they are offering either (e.g., free dining).

Seems very cruel to penalize only a tiny group of people who have not yet been able to book their May FPs--why couldn't they just wait until the 60-day FP day for June 1 to implement this?

The free dining promo is for guests with stays booked between March 16 - May 31, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't qualify? You would, of course, have to change your dates to sometime between June 1 - September 30.

The free dining promo is for guests with stays booked between March 16 - May 31, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't qualify? You would, of course, have to change your dates to sometime between June 1 - September 30.
I actually just found the thread that said that. I hadn't gotten the email, and the website just said the promo only applied if you were staying during a closure, which they haven't defined as extended through May 31 yet but certainly seems like that is hat they are assuming.

I had the same trouble this morning, my first three days in May very little available, I didn’t book any fp. All my June days I got what I wanted. I have no idea what to do now. My original plan was to make my fp and just wait and see what happens but now that I couldn’t make any for half my trip I’m not sure what to do!

The Silver AP blockout dates start June 1 too , so if our May 6-10 trip gets cancelled, we are out of luck for a while.
In the past, they've opened up/canceled block-out dates at the beginning of June. Depending on when they open and what the crowds are like, they might open up June this year. It's a big maybe and not something you can plan a trip around, but something to keep in mind.

I had the same trouble this morning, my first three days in May very little available, I didn’t book any fp. All my June days I got what I wanted. I have no idea what to do now. My original plan was to make my fp and just wait and see what happens but now that I couldn’t make any for half my trip I’m not sure what to do!
It’s not a great answer but I would check here every day to see if there is word of Disney opening before your May days. If yes then watch for FP drops which will happen if the park is going to be open (assuming this isn’t part of a plan to start VQs). You may have to decide on whether or not you want to move your whole trip or shorten it if by chance they do open June 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter