FP - Can't make selections after Split Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

hec3711

I love all things Disney!!
We are staying 2 days onsite (Best Western Disney Springs) and the rest offsite. Yesterday marked the 60 day window for the check in date to book FP's. I was able to book 2 days of FP's yesterday but now I'm trying to continue making my selections for the rest of our stay (7 day tickets) and the next day is not allowing me to select the date to make my FP selections. I understand that after your check out the date, the FP window will open 1 day at a time but it seems to be not the case here....

Has this happened to anyone else? So will I have to wait until 30 days out to make the rest of my FP selections? Help!

Thanks..

You have to be 60 days out. If you are onsite for July 18, your 60 day from July 18 was yesterday, and you could book both check in and check out dates. If you are now trying to book July 20, your next day at Disney you are 61 days out. Check tomorrow.

We are staying 2 days onsite (Best Western Disney Springs) and the rest offsite.
1. Yesterday marked the 60 day window for the check in date to book FP's. I was able to book 2 days of FP's yesterday but now I'm trying to continue making my selections for the rest of our stay (7 day tickets) and the next day is not allowing me to select the date to make my FP selections.

2. I understand that after your check out the date, the FP window will open 1 day at a time but it seems to be not the case here....

1. If yesterday (Sat. May 19) was 60 days before your check-in date for your first 2 day stay,
how could TODAY (Sun. May 20) be 60 days before your second stay?

2. How can you tell that already? It's not yet the correct date.

Our trip is July 18-27. Best Western is 7/18-7/20, I was able to make my selections for 7/19 & 7/20 but when I go to select 7/21 to make them, the date is not allowing me to click on it. We are offsite from 7/20-7/27.

I did chat with a cast member this morning about this and was told that your 60 day window to make FP selections are based on your number of days at the Disney Springs hotel and not based on the number of days (tickets) you have. Meaning that now I have to wait until my 30 day mark to make the rest of my selections...

I did chat with a cast member this morning about this and was told that your 60 day window to make FP selections are based on your number of days at the Disney Springs hotel and not based on the number of days (tickets) you have. Meaning that now I have to wait until my 30 day mark to make the rest of my selections...

Sorry, but that's not true.

So, are you saying that I may be trying a day early to make the rest of the FP selections? I could just be a day or 2 early from making the rest of them...

Our trip is July 18-27. Best Western is 7/18-7/20, I was able to make my selections for 7/19 & 7/20 but when I go to select 7/21 to make them, the date is not allowing me to click on it. We are offsite from 7/20-7/27.

This, from the FP FAQ, is what you are seeing:
Onsite RO Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Sixty days before 7/21, which I believe is Tuesday, you’ll be able to book for that day.

And as @Robo said, the CM is wrong.

It is still 62 days until July 21, 2018.

You need to be 60 days before July 21, in order to book FP+ for July 21.

Got it.. its early here so my brain is not thinking.. I will try again on Tuesday.

Thanks!

The OP’s question has been answered and because erroneous info from a CM has been posted here and in a duplicate post by the OP over on the Orlando Board, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter