Four Points, Sheriton Lakeside

Elaine Guidi

Elaine
Has anyone from UK stayed at the Four Points, Sheriton Lakeside in Kissimmee. We have booked there for Feb 03. Any info like room facilities, cleanliness and other facilities would be good, any info on stuff like the restraunts, prices etc appreciated. Thanks

Hi Elaine - we did have threads about this resort on our lost boards, and I don't remember any bad reviews. There are several threads on this site too, here is one of them:-
Click here

For details about the resotr amenities and rooms click here

Virgin have been using this resort for a long time now - it's a flagship hotel - have you booked it through them?

WDWfan,uk
thanks for your info. Yes I have booked the accomodation through Virgin and read all about the Flagship hotel bit. I seems fine actually, I thought if anyone had stayed there recently they could really just confirm anything about it - something less to think about really.

Your links were helpful as I had previously posted a thread on the lost boards, just before they got lost and I never saw one reply because it went down. So again thanks for your info.

Hi Elaine,
We are just back from our 3rd stay at Sheraton Lakeside and were very happy again.
It's a low rise hotel built around the 3 swimming pools so wherever they put you you are near to a pool. Two of the pools have a Tiki Bar for drinks and snacks and a Childrens pool and there is a small sandy play area near each. The 3rd pool is smaller and quieter and they are all heated.
The rooms are a good size and have afridge, iron & board, hairdrier, coffee maker. They are clean and well serviced but some are showing there age a bit.
We had a free local paper every morning. The restaurant was closed after Sept11 but is open again now for buffet breakfast & Dinner. Breakfast with drinks came to about $10 each with tip. Dearer than Ponderosa but the quality was good and they would cook eggs and omelettes to order. Kids eat free.
There is a very friendly bar and they have a good menu if you want to eat there. There is also a shop selling convenience items and drinks and they will make up sandwiches for you. They also had a shelf with a few English items like Chocolate, Robinson's squash etc.
There are tennis courts, a basketball court, a putting course and a Pizza Hut Express. There is a bus to the parks if you don't have a car and if you do have any little problems they seem to bend over backwards to help.
We like it very much and will almost certainly use it again.
Any more Questions just ask away!
Carol

Keith&Carol. Thanks for your info, its good to hear it from someone who has actually stayed in the accomodation. Also pleased most of it is favourable. Did you get the fridge, iron & iron board as a norm or did you request them. We have booked through Virgin and the brochure stated their rooms had recently been updated, hopefully this sorts the age problem, or did you also go with Virgin. Something else I wondered about. It says there are Laundry facilities, can you expand, thanks

We stayed at the four points, and really enjoyed it here, it's a very friendly hotel. I used the laundry and found that it cost about $10 for the wash, I think I used 2 washing machines and dryers. We found the rooms to be fine. When we ran out of coffee, the room service was very efficient and came within a few minutes. The rooms have telephones , in which was useful for making local calls, to takeaways etc.

We also used the shuttle bus which was run from the hotel and this was useful. There is a lot of eating places, within a short walking distance, and a suppermarket opposit, near splendid china.

Jem

Hi again Elaine,
Yes, the fridges and irons & boards were in all the rooms. You do have a daily resort charge to pay when you leave which is supposed to be for these extras but it tells you about it in the Virgin Brochure.
There are 2 laundry rooms accessed by using your room key card.
The washers take 6 tokens each and take 30 mins. The driers also take 6 tokens and take 45 minutes. You obtain the tokens from a machine in the laundry room. 1token costs 25cents.
While we were there the Lobby and Restrooms were being re-furbished and the whole place is well kept and very pretty with lots of flowers and shrubs.
If you are so inclined there is also a great fitness room .
The small pool which we used because it was quieter, was as warm as a bath and we spent ages just soaking in it and chatting to a lovely couple from Austria.
I'm sure you will have a great time there.
Regards,
Carol:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter