Four mostly adults in one room

Haliwood

Earning My Ears
A possible trip next summer with my 22 year old daughter, my sister (I won't reveal her age ;) and my 16 year old niece. My sister wants us all to share a room as a cost saving measure. What resort would best accommodate our group? I love my family, but I don't want us to be so on top of each other that it causes stress. Also, a lot of pool time and Disney Springs is on the agenda for me and my daughter, so please keep that in mind. I truly appreciate any thoughts or suggestions you would be kind enough to share!

I think most rooms you're going to be in very close quarters, but my choice would be one of the older resorts if it's one room: Contemporary, with Poly right behind.

The price is hard to swallow, and you may as well get a family suite at AoA for the same cost.
I think if you go for any of the other values the room size will be about the same no matter where you end up, and if you're fine with it then great. I'd suggest packing a phone dock for all to share and individual folding cubes for each person to gather all the smaller things into one place.

How about renting DVC points at OKW? You get 2 regular queen sized beds if you rent a studio. Ot go for it! Rent a 1 Bedroom there and get a washer/dryer. full kitchen, and large balcony. For a little less money, maybe a family suite at Art of Animation-you get access to the Skyliner-thus, better transportation. But I like the idea of renting DVC points and getting a 1 bedroom at OKW.

How about renting DVC points at OKW? You get 2 regular queen sized beds if you rent a studio. Ot go for it! Rent a 1 Bedroom there and get a washer/dryer. full kitchen, and large balcony. For a little less money, maybe a family suite at Art of Animation-you get access to the Skyliner-thus, better transportation. But I like the idea of renting DVC points and getting a 1 bedroom at OKW.
I agree with DVC-OKW. You could potentially get an OKW studio, which is larger than most DVC studios, and includes 2 actual queen-sized beds. And there's a relaxing boat ride to and from DS, for easy access to shops, restaurants, etc.

I also agree with the suggestion above of looking into the possibility of 2 value rooms - might help the family enjoyment of the trip by separating for a better night's sleep!

The It’s a Trap! Giphy is springing to mind…I would not put all of you in one room, you will be on top of each other. And not to be sexist but as a lady myself- oof! This is a recipe for some Drama. I’d do 2 rooms at a value or mod. Everyone gets their own sleeping surface & you will have 2 bathrooms with 2 showers. If your budget is bigger than that but not quite deluxe, 2 rooms at Swolphin might be available.

If you rent points read the cancellation policy careful, you may need to buy extra trip insurance to cover the cost of anything going wrong.

Last edited:
This past December, we stayed at Pop Century in the queen bed/queen murphy bed room with 3 adults and one teenager. It was fine! We were only there to sleep and shower, which half did at night and the others did in the morning.

With that makeup I would do two rooms. Or a two bedroom unit.

I just did a trip with DD17. Her stuff was everywhere. Clothes, ears, shoes, makeup, hair stuff, etc. She likes to do makeup and hair. It was hard enough with us getting ready around the same time. I can’t imagine adding on my own son and husband let alone two other women. If we ever went back as a family of 4 we would get two rooms or a suite onsite or offsite.

We only have one bathroom at home but we get ready at separate times and her bedroom has a full vanity area so it doesn’t affect us. But at Disney, trying to get ready all at the same time, in a small space, is hard.

Some of it REALLY depends on all your personalities, how much in tune the sisters are, how close the cousins are and how independent everyone is.

PERSONALLY our family could all be in one room as adults and be just fine but mix that up with say my sister and one of her girls ... even though we are very close ... nope, two rooms. I've been in same hotel with family and in different hotels with family. What I do know is PERSONAL space and PERSONAL downtime is important. Also 4 adult females and one bathroom not a good idea. It's the littlest things that can derail a vacation. The best way to have a great vacation is avoid the pitfalls.

You are also talking about YOU and DD wanting pool time and Disney Springs. My take is perhaps sis and niece might do more park time or you aren't including them in Mom/Daughter time. From experience, it is much harder to split up or arrive at same place on different timetables when you are in the same room. "Wait for us" "Hurry we'll be late" "We'll just wait for you (eye roll)" "Why don't we go here first" ... Starting and finishing in your own space makes it less likely for unplanned issues to pop up.

I would rather be in two Value rooms than share a bigger or 2 bedroom space unless you planned to be together every minute.

If you start looking at a deluxe room to share, you’ll find you’re way better off getting two rooms at a value resort.
I’d do 2 rooms at a value or mod. Everyone gets their own sleeping surface & you will have 2 bathrooms with 2 showers. If your budget is bigger than that but not quite deluxe, 2 rooms at Swolphin might be available.

The best way to price check is to use Google instead of Disney's site and search 'Walt Disney World Hotels' so you can get the roomiest situation for the dates you plan to go for.

The DH and I tend to end up in two queens rooms and I have to be honest, you don't realize how nice it is after an exhausting day to have your own bed. The queens just aren't that roomy so I recommend two rooms in a budget hotel.

I also wanted to throw out an additional solution since you have about a year before your trip. If you're able to sign up for the Marriott Bonvoy credit card you could use the points for 1-2 Swan/Dolphin/Reserve rooms. That way you're staying "onsite" but the cost of the room(s) isn't a factor for you.

When we did our family trip in Jan 2020, one of my husband's sister had 4 adults (her, her husband, her daughter, and son-in-law) as well as a 3 year old , and an 11 month old in a pack & play in their room..... (my husband and I were very happy for it to be just the two of us ;-) )

I like my space - even when I go with girlfriends I often have my own room - or else we stay in a two bedroom villa. I just need some quiet time to unwind

That said - I would consider one of the Dolphin Alcove double double rooms - they have a sofa and a lot of space VS a regular room.

Four women in one room sounds like a disaster to me I’ve done it and will never again. Bags and shoes everywhere, makeup and face products taking up every inch of space in the bathroom, flighting Over bathroom time, different sleep patterns and timing….been there, done that. One and done.

I would consider the bathrooms. Poly DVC has 2 showers in different rooms. AKL Kidani 1 BR will have 2 real full bathrooms but the master bedroom and Bath may cause a fight... also has a pull out bed chair so an extra sleeping surface. Some other DVC as well but KIdani with a standard view will be the most budget friendly. If a 2 BR is doable SSR will check the boxes for space nice pools and easy access to DS.

My adult daughter and I go to Disney quite often, usually at BWV even though I own BCV.
We used to share a studio and it was very good as it was a points saver. Then one trip I happened on a BWV standard room and surprised her with her (and my) own room. Holy cow. Sheer bliss. She brings tons of products on sink counter and I bring little. I make the bed every day and everything is very neat, she could care less (even though her condo is always very neat). We both aren't good sleepers so constantly woke each other up with varied bathroom trips. We adore each other and have a blast on each trip but being more separated was fantastic. And we got more sleep, which we really needed after long days.

Suffice it to say, the last 6 trips have been separate studios (I've had to get transferred points/rented points/cash) and worth Every. Single. Dollar.

I do know friends who have 4 adults in their room with no problems but I honestly don't think that's the norm.
My suggestion is what several others are saying....get a larger room even if more $ has to be spent. Your trip will be SO much better. Poly's 1/1/2 washrooms, even without a much desired second toilet, is very nice.

Absolute heaven is a one bedroom BLT with TWO real washrooms (vs Poly). (My husband LOVES)
And even Kidani one bedroom with two real washrooms.

Totally depends on if you can share one bathroom and the typical hotel room.... have you all traveled together before? Does anyone need to take 45 min showers, is someone a diva and need the entire bathroom mirror and vanity to themselves?? I only ask these questions as a mom of teenage girls with a sister, sister in law, niece, lol.

If you aren't keen on one bathroom, you could do two values/two mods and request connecting but it's not a guarantee. That way you have two bathrooms/two showers and more storage space. If you are preferring deluxe for more amenities, you could try renting DVC but that comes with an added layer of planning pretty far out and dealing with trip insurances, etc. It's not ideal for some. SSR would be top of mind if you want to be closer to DS. And of course, if budget isn't really an issue, you can book a DVC villa direct via disney and get something a little larger without a rental agency as the middle man but this is usually pretty pricy for anything larger than a studio.

We like Swan and Dolphin a lot, closer to mod pricing and has a nice pool, dining and amenities. Just another alternative to disney only property and very close to other resorts for dining/drink options.

Look into the All-Star Music suites. Three queen sized beds with two full bathrooms and a kitchenette. It also has a full sized fridge/freezer (AoA suites only has the dorm sized beverage cooler)

I once took a trip several years back with 3 good friends and we stayed at our home resort OKW in a studio. It may have been okay, but one of us got sick with a cold and the quarters became much tighter after that! :crowded: So my suggestion would be at least a one-bedroom at a DVC resort. BLT might be a good choice - the one-bedroom units have two bathrooms (their studios would be way too small for your group). There is at least one other DVC resort that also has that configuration, but I’m drawing a blank on which ones at the moment. And SSR is close to the Springs. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter