• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fountains--a Blue Green resort---review now included

SnowWhite12

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever stayed here? We're staying there for a week in April, and I'm just wondering how long it takes to drive to the parks. We always stay onsite, but our friend works there, and so we just pay $75 for the week:)

I would check tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews. Also you can do a search for fountains on the board.

You are so lucky! $99 is a great rate!

We stayed there last Easter break - and absolutely loved it. I was trying to go again this year, but they are sold out:confused3

Very nice, large condos - 2 pools (1 is an indoor-outdoor with bar) - activities - lake with paddle boats - basketball - food can be bought at the poolside bars -- hairwrapping.....

Any questions, please pm me!

We are staying there over Spring break. The pics look fantastic. if there is anythign specific you want to know, pm me and I'll check it out for you while we are there.
Looking at the map, it doesn't look all that far from WDW, but with traffic, you never know.

I stayed there several years ago, and it was super nice! We didn't go to Disney World, so I'm not sure how far away it is. But I will definitely go back there if ever given the chance! :)

We stayed there just a few months ago in a two bedroom unit. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of free internet. They had two computers in the activities center that could be used for free, but service was really slow. I heard other people complain that the paid service was also slow.

The unit was really nice. I had never stayed there in the past since in their oldest buildings, the two bedroom units don't have a jacuzzi. I was given the nice, newer unit and it was very comfortable.

One of the two elevators was broken for a few days which was a real problem since they were sold out and a lot of people wanted to use them. Also, the washer dumped in hot water when washing on cold. When I complained, they knew that the entire building was plumbed wrong and all the units did this. The building was two years old and they appartently never bothered to reverse the water feeds into the washer unless someone complained. The employees who fixed this problem for us were very nice.

Get a good map since there are multiple ways to drive to Disney, but expect a 15 minute drive.

By the way, there is a new Benihana very close by. They have a good deal on lunch (around $10) and the food was fantastic. They have cut down the amount of sodium they use and the food actually tastes better now. We ate there twice and would return again.

Just back last night from a 7 night stay there. LOVED it!!! Absolutely beautiful and soooo close to WDW. Our 2 bedroom did have a jacuzzi in master bath. We were in the brand new building 10, overlooking the beautiful new pool. Pool was awesome, huge, and great for kiddos. I would stay there again in a second. We discovered that by driving to the parks from the Fountains, that we actually made it quicker than if we had used the buses from the Disney resorts we normally stay at.

The unit was really nice. I had never stayed there in the past since in their oldest buildings, the two bedroom units don't have a jacuzzi. I was given the nice, newer unit and it was very comfortable.

In the two older buildings there are two different two bedroom units, standard and deluxe. The standard one is smaller than the 2BR units in the newer buildings, does not have the jetted tub, and has only one balcony. The deluxe is bigger than the regular 2BR units in the newer buildings one has two balconies and a jetted tub in the master bedroom. Building 10 has the regular 2BR units and also Presidential units, which are enormous (over 2000 feet). I've heard of people who expected the usual units who were upgraded to Presidential but I doubt that happens much anymore.

I like the older buildings best, myself, because they have the view of Lake Eve (I think one of the newer buildings does as well), and because we get the deluxe unit, which is bigger than the units in the newer buildings. Oh, and because they're quieter - not crazy about the piped-in music at the bigger pool. The older buildings are in the process of being refurbished but I don't know what's being changed; I thought the non-refurbished unit we were in last week was fine. I'm not much for blond woodwork and white walls as a rule, but it worked better than I expected.

Not my favorite resort, but we'd certainly stay there again. :)

What's the best site to book the Fountains? I noticed prices differed a lot between some of the major travel sites.

Just subscribing. I'm an owner from way back in 1999, before Bluegreen. I can't offer advice on how to book, I always just call Bluegreen. But I've been to Vistana and Wyndham and many other hotels outside of Orlando, and the Fountains is always our favourite. We could trade, but never do.

My wife's big complaint is they never stock scissors in the kitchen. :lmao:

The whole family loves the new pool, Wakoola Springs as they call it. And we've used the I-trolley, it works well. Useful if the wife and I want to go to the tavern and not have to drive. My kids (8, 10, 12) love the on-site activities but I think they're not outstanding or remarkable, just average. Nice central location, not too far from anything if you have a car. Hard to manage Disney without a car, though.

I'm headed down in September, and again in February. Feel free to ask anything.

Just subscribing. I'm an owner from way back in 1999, before Bluegreen. I can't offer advice on how to book, I always just call Bluegreen. But I've been to Vistana and Wyndham and many other hotels outside of Orlando, and the Fountains is always our favourite. We could trade, but never do.

My wife's big complaint is they never stock scissors in the kitchen. :lmao:

The whole family loves the new pool, Wakoola Springs as they call it. And we've used the I-trolley, it works well. Useful if the wife and I want to go to the tavern and not have to drive. My kids (8, 10, 12) love the on-site activities but I think they're not outstanding or remarkable, just average. Nice central location, not too far from anything if you have a car. Hard to manage Disney without a car, though.

I'm headed down in September, and again in February. Feel free to ask anything.

Ours (in the new building #10) did actually have scissors in the kitchen.:goodvibes

Definitely recommend The Fountains!

GREAT pool and activities for kids!!

We just got back from our first stay at The Fountains and we would go back. We liked the location and our kids also really liked the pools. The only negative was the daily internet fee.

We had scissors in our room too! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter