FOTL worth it in January?

matocody1997

Mouseketeer
We are planning a quick one night/2day stay on 1/17 at Universal since my son got Blue Man Group tickets from Santa. :santa: I am debating on where to stay-either on site at RPR or off site. I like the FOTL you get from staying on site, but is it really necessary during the middle of January? Is there a way to see what average wait times are for rides during certain times of year? I would rather stay off site to save money, but don't want to be waiting in lines half the day. Any advice?

It appears you are arriving the Friday before the Martin Luther King Holiday. We went this past January over the same weekend and on Saturday afternoon Universal Studios (not IOA) got pretty crowded for some of the rides. IOA in the morning was a breeze. You will probably be OK.
Bob

We are planning a quick one night/2day stay on 1/17 at Universal since my son got Blue Man Group tickets from Santa. :santa: I am debating on where to stay-either on site at RPR or off site. I like the FOTL you get from staying on site, but is it really necessary during the middle of January? Is there a way to see what average wait times are for rides during certain times of year? I would rather stay off site to save money, but don't want to be waiting in lines half the day. Any advice?
You shouldn't need to spend the extra money that weekend to stay onsite. Since it's a holiday weekend, the parks will get busier than usual for January but if you get there early, you should be able to do most of the bigger attractions without too much of a wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter