• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

forward or aft ?

markm0926

Cast Member
Just curious to see if anyone has a preference for being towrds the front or back of the ship.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

We love aft. It is nice and quiet. The elevators are not very busy. It is convenient to the beverage station and meals. :bounce: :bounce:

I think I prefer aft, because its less legwork to run up to Topsiders for some breaksfast, which we take back down to the cabin.

Having said that, on our next cruise we are a little more forward than we have been in the past (#6548), so it will be fun to see what others have to say on this topic.

3 cruises-all three with aft rooms, I love it back there LOL!

we prefer midship for the stability but there are those who claim that aft is better for this purpose, though i can't figure out why it would be...

Aft, aft, aft, and the farther back, the better! My favorite stateroom is 5650, which is as far aft as you can get. You definitely do feel more motion in the forward part of the ship. I've sailed in the secret porthole rooms (forward) several times, and there is a definite difference.
Barb

Barb, It's so nice to "hear" from you again!! You have been away too long!!! I really have missed your imput and information!!!

Lynda

We love aft too! Great to run up for drinks or breakfast and bring them back to enjoy on the veranda.

We prefer forward because it's closer to the forward staircase and elevators which give us a direct route the Quiet Cove Pool, Vista Spa and the entertainment district.

I prefer aft. We had room 7620 on the Wonder and loved it (SVR). The elevators are convienent and not as slow as the other parts of ship.

I agree with disneyholic family...all three times I have been midship and found it very convenient and stable....and my 4th trip in Dec is midship...6590

I love aft because its so convenient to the restaurants. My cruises are all about the FOOD, you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter