Fort Wilderness to Boma for 6pm dinner

Chynasmom

Mouseketeer
Using WDW transportation because FIL is on a scooter and I really don't want to rent a car w/carseat for DD4.

I know we'll have to change buses somewhere - DTD or one of the parks, I suppose, but don't know what's our best choice or how much time to allot.

We have Epcot planned for earlier in the day, but will be back at FW by mid-afternoon at the latest.

Thoughts?

As you've mentioned, your options are:
1. Bus from FW to a park, bus from park to AKL
2. Bus from FW to DTD, bus from DTD to AKL
3. Boat from FW to MK, bus from MK to AKL

The general rule of thumb is to allow about 45 minutes per leg of your journey in case you just miss the boat/bus. So, to get from FW to AKL, allow about 90 minutes.

In general, I try to avoid using DTD as a transfer point unless absolutely necessary.

I think taking the bus back to Epcot would be a good plan.

The bus from DHS to AKL will probably stop at BB on the way, and if you go to DAK, you may be dealing with the park closing, which might cause a delay depending on crowd levels.

Using WDW transportation because FIL is on a scooter and I really don't want to rent a car w/carseat for DD4.

I know we'll have to change buses somewhere - DTD or one of the parks, I suppose, but don't know what's our best choice or how much time to allot.

We have Epcot planned for earlier in the day, but will be back at FW by mid-afternoon at the latest.

Thoughts?
From the Fort take the boat to MK and transfer to an AKL bus; it's the fastest way if you're not taking a taxi.

Leaving AKL by bus would depend on which park is open latest for your transfer.

Wow - thanks for all the input! I hadn't thought about checking park closing times to make sure we don't run into extra crowds.

I tell you, I am thisclose to just renting a damned car w/carseat and getting a scooter that disassembles for FIL. Except that I really don't want the added cost. (HA! As though a week's car rental would make a significant change to the money we're already spending!)

Hey - are there taxis with carseats?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter