Fort Wilderness Segway Tour

1000th happy haunt

<font color=green>My source is knowledgable, but u
I just signed up for the Fort Wilderness Segway Tour, and the gal on the phone said to park at the kennel and take the Orange bus to Mickey's BBQ, which is where the segway tour meets.

Where actually is the BBQ located? I assumed it was near Pioneer Hall, but she insisted that I need to take the Orange bus.

Actually orange, yellow or purple will get you where you need to be, orange will likely be fastest though. You will be going to the Settlement bus stop, the BBQ is behind Pioneer Hall, just a short walk from the bus. When your tour is over, to get back to your car board the bus(any color) that is going to Outpost(that is where you parked).

Thanks.

I guess she was telling me to take the Orange bus because it has the shortest route.

We're planning on breakfast that morning at Trail's End, so I know it'll just be a short walk to the BBQ area. I was worried that we would have to take another bus to someplace else.

~15-20 minutes prior to the tour start, they should put sign up outside the BBQ entrance with an arrow pointing for the Segway tour. You'll then enter the BBQ area and head back and left a bit.

It's actually not very confusing at all, but I figured I'd give a heads-up in case they don't have the sign out, as the BBQ area may look deserted near the entrance.

Have fun on the tour ... I thought it was better than the EPCOT Segway tour (and I loved that tour as well)

Let us know how you liked the tour. I'm thinking about it for our next trip.

What is the price of the Segway tour at the Fort? And who do you contact to sign up for it?

We won't be taking the tour until January, but I'll check in when we take it and let you know how it goes.

What is the price of the Segway tour at the Fort? And who do you contact to sign up for it?
Here's the info about the tour from All Ears Net. However I learned there's some slight misinformation. I wanted the 11:00am tour, but on the phone they told me it's at 11:30, not 11:00.

We did the early tour on 10/30 of this year. I can only compare it to the EPCOT tour which was also great.

It depends on what you want out of the tour. The Epcot tour uses the standard Segway PT, and has a lot less Segway riding time. But, you do get to take the Segways around the World Showcase which is an incredible experience.

The FW tour uses the 'off-road' Segway X2. The X2 destroys the standard Segway PT in every possible way. Once you take the X2 off-road over roots and bumps, you don't want to go back to the wimpy PT model. The FW tour also offer A LOT more Segway riding time, with all types of varying terrain.

On our tour, the training was done in little over 30 min, then for ~70-90 min we has the guided X2 tour that hit:

- The Pioneer hall / Settlement area
- The area around the Tri-Circle D stables
- Some of the offroad hayride / fireworks path
- The bike trail between FW and WL
- We actually rode through the walkways from the front of WL (near the bus stop) to the back of WL
- Rode the hiking trail along Bay Lake from WL back to FW
- Rode around the 100 loop at FW

As you can see, there was a lot varied terrain from paved paths, to dirt/mulch, grass, some light sand, and a lot of tree roots. The X2 handled the paths like a champ.

While I loved the EPCOT tour, I have to give my win to the FW tour. If you're paying to ride a Segway, the FW tour offer a heck of a lot more Segway fun, and the X2 is a monster.

Man, that sounds like a great time.....I cant wait till I lose enough weight to take that tour....crossing my fingers for my next trip, which according the poll for the FORT WILD CLUB will next December, but if I hit the 250 mark by then....Im making an early trip just for that tour and a weekend at the fort...no parks this time!!!

Man, that sounds like a great time.....I cant wait till I lose enough weight to take that tour....crossing my fingers for my next trip, which according the poll for the FORT WILD CLUB will next December, but if I hit the 250 mark by then....Im making an early trip just for that tour and a weekend at the fort...no parks this time!!!

You can do it!

I went on my "Won't be denied a Segway Ride (at Epcot)" diet this spring. Went from 250 to under 210 with diet adjustment and daily exercise.

I'll be on the Segway at Epcot in a few weeks and just may do this one too, looks awesome.

We took the Fort Wilderness Segway Tour (aka Disney's Wilderness Back Trail Adventure) on January 22, 2008. Our Tour Guides were Frank and Robert.

There were a few folks in our group who had taken the Epcot Segway Tour, and they felt that the Fort Wilderness Tour was better. One major difference is the amount of training time. The Fort Wilderness Segway Tour only takes 1/2 hour of training, which means 1-1/2 hours out and about (and there were mostly first-timers on a Segway in our group, including me). I admit that during the training I gripped the handles of my Segway so tight that my arms went numb. But eventually I started to feel more comfortable on the Segway, and the numbness went away. Frank and Robert answered all our questions during the training, and even during the actual tour.

During our rounds we learned that if you own a Segway, you can ride it at Fort Wilderness. And we did see one person riding his personal Segway, although it wasn't the all-terrain Segway used for this tour.

The mid-tour stop at the barn was appreciated, it gave us a chance to rest our feet, and look through the barn at the horses and pictures.

During our various rest stops we got a chance to test our Disney trivia knowledge, take photographs, and drink some water (bottles of water were provided).

We used our Disney Visa to get a discount.

If you have a chance, I heartily recommend this tour. It's probably the best tour I've ever taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter