Fort Wilderness Neglect

littlejoe

Fort Wilderness Groupie
Just returned from the Fort and I must say, the treatment we were given by the employees was the best. It was like the old days, always waving saying high and going that extra step to help.

However I was extremely disappointed in the condition of the Marina. The docks that were there for the Pontoons and Racers were torn up and looked a mess, debris everywhere. We were there for 12 days and saw no work being done. Where the New DVC was to go is in plain view from the water and overgrown and loaded with material that was to be used in construction and the fencing they do have is starting to tear and unhinge

Anyone have any knowledge of what the plan is. It certainly doesn’t look like a Disney Resort

Attachments

• DEB99C23-B678-4C76-9D68-CEDE5486AE5D.jpeg
    DEB99C23-B678-4C76-9D68-CEDE5486AE5D.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 9BC4B499-E6F3-448F-B2E2-53F777E69BEC.jpeg
    9BC4B499-E6F3-448F-B2E2-53F777E69BEC.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 57E5BDC3-6A68-4881-968C-BE0223079428.jpeg
    57E5BDC3-6A68-4881-968C-BE0223079428.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 96
  • 978B49D3-7B3C-411D-B810-ED259549D0E3.jpeg
    978B49D3-7B3C-411D-B810-ED259549D0E3.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 96
  • E6707A08-02B9-4EA4-8985-73E6EAA751C5.jpeg
    E6707A08-02B9-4EA4-8985-73E6EAA751C5.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 94
The conditions down at the Settlement and the marina is pretty bad, I agree. It will take some $$$ to get that area back to a useable condition so I feel that they will leave it this way until they are 100% sure of what they are doing there. Hopefully, they reach the conclusion that it's better for the campers than as a DVC.

The conditions down at the Settlement and the marina is pretty bad, I agree. It will take some $$$ to get that area back to a useable condition so I feel that they will leave it this way until they are 100% sure of what they are doing there. Hopefully, they reach the conclusion that it's better for the campers than as a DVC.
Yes please-for campers!!!!

This area was exactly the same in February. We also were appalled at the conditions in many areas, bad show all around. Unless and Until theres a significant turn around we wont be back.

I also noted that the old days of too many managers standing around with their hands in their pockets, not contributing, seems to be back.

Unfortunately the old River County, turned Reflections DVC resort, is an eye sore and has been since pre-Covid. The fences and scrims are looking bad, but nothing will happen there until they resurrect Reflections. It's sad what they did to Clementine's Beach. The new (original) side to the right of the boat dock is nice, but yes, the Sprite rental docks look terrible. The Sprites aren't coming back, so I would hope they pull those out. They have added a new fishing/pontoon dock and looked like they planned on replacing the closer in dock at some point.

Either way, quite a mess they created.

On a positive note, the new Tri-Circle-D barn is nice.

j

Unfortunately the old River County, turned Reflections DVC resort, is an eye sore and has been since pre-Covid. The fences and scrims are looking bad, but nothing will happen there until they resurrect Reflections. It's sad what they did to Clementine's Beach. The new (original) side to the right of the boat dock is nice, but yes, the Sprite rental docks look terrible. The Sprites aren't coming back, so I would hope they pull those out. They have added a new fishing/pontoon dock and looked like they planned on replacing the closer in dock at some point.

Either way, quite a mess they created.

On a positive note, the new Tri-Circle-D barn is nice.

j
River Country USA...now those were good times. Our first trip we visited River Country...we STILL talk about the fun we had. :love:

Is it a shortage of workers? I know it has been an issue since reopening. It shouldn't be. In years past, I know people 1200 miles north of Disney that took jobs down there, for less pay., just for a chance to work at Disney..The allure and mystique of working there looked great on resumes. Did something change. The people that work there are still great. So they are still hirng right. That's not the problem. Hope they can figure it out and fix the Marina and Reflections/River Country area., And fix why it is so hard to hire, if that is the problem. If it isn't a hiring problem, than fans of the Fort need to worry. I personally think its a hiring issue.

I think with the cancelled-but-who-knows-what-tomorrow-brings Reflections and the Reedy Creek 'thingummy' Disney is probably putting the brakes on anything it can for right now.

It would be nice if they could do a little 'cosmetic' &/or landscape work to block construction materials and the like. It doesn't have to look all fancy and Disney-fied, just make things look sort of clean and tidy.

They have a tendency to do this sort of thing, then once it gets in real bad disrepair they then remove it using the excuse that it was too far gone to bring back. If they don't want to do the personal water craft rental, then just remove the docks and be done with it.

They have a tendency to do this sort of thing, then once it gets in real bad disrepair they then remove it using the excuse that it was too far gone to bring back. If they don't want to do the personal water craft rental, then just remove the docks and be done with it.
The Sea Raycer dock is the worst of the worst in this mess. I find it shocking that Disney has left it that way.

That nasty chain-link fence that cuts through the entire length of the Settlement NEEDS TO GO. There used to be a beautiful panoramic view of the lake....now we get to look at a fence. Thanks, Disney.

That nasty chain-link fence that cuts through the entire length of the Settlement NEEDS TO GO. There used to be a beautiful panoramic view of the lake....now we get to look at a fence. Thanks, Disney.
Camp Chain Link Fence :)

I think with the cancelled-but-who-knows-what-tomorrow-brings Reflections and the Reedy Creek 'thingummy' Disney is probably putting the brakes on anything it can for right now.

It would be nice if they could do a little 'cosmetic' &/or landscape work to block construction materials and the like. It doesn't have to look all fancy and Disney-fied, just make things look sort of clean and tidy.
Green walls are all over EPCOT. Maybe as they take them down, they can move them over to this area...

This area was exactly the same in February. We also were appalled at the conditions in many areas, bad show all around. Unless and Until theres a significant turn around we wont be back.

I also noted that the old days of too many managers standing around with their hands in their pockets, not contributing, seems to be back.
We need to find a clone of Dick Nunis to be put in charge again.

We need to find a clone of Dick Nunis to be put in charge again.
It would be hard to do worse than whats there now. My next trip is slipping away every day as the stock plummets to half of what it was valued just 15 mo ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter