Fort Wilderness campgrounds to Contemporary Resort

LHARPSTER

Tiggermommie
We have ADR for Chef Mickey on one of the days we are staying and Im wondering the best way to get over to the Contempoary from Fort I tried getting directions on my app but it only tells me how to drive there. Someone told me I may be able to take the boat. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Hi Lori,

Yes, you can take the boat from the FW marina to the Contemporary and that would be your best option. When you get to the marina, you'll see that there are signs indicating which vessel will go to Contemporary. It's a nice little ride.

If the weather is poor and the boats are not going, WDW will have buses in place to transport guests.

Enjoy your trip!

To be safe, yes. Allow at least 45 minutes when using Disney transportation. This accounts for the situation where you get the stop just as the bus/boat/monorail is leaving and have to wait for the next one. With credit card guaranteed ADRs (like Chef Mickey) it's better to be early than late!

You will want to take the Boat with the Blue flag that goes to the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge, which operates everyday from 6:45 AM - 11:30 PM.

In the morning they usually run in shuttle mode. one boat goes WL->CR-->WL and the other goes FW-->CR-->FW until the lines have died down, at which point they go into their normal circle rotation. Due to the flow created by BLT, the boats go in opposite directions and meet at CR. So what that means is from FW, you'll see 1 boat, then another within about 5 minutes, but then won't see another one for about 15 minutes. It's the same wait time overall, but psychologically, if you've just missed the 2nd boat, it seems like a long time to wait. Basically I just wanted to emphasize the 45min-1hr total travel time. Always better to be early than late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter