Fort Wilderness Cabins Packing Tips

hec3711

I love all things Disney!!
My family and I will be staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins in about 3 weeks!! This is our first time to stay on Disney property and our first time at the cabins.

I've searched everywhere for this question without finding what I'm looking for. I'm looking for good tips for what to bring to the cabin during our stay. I know that we need to bring groceries, and coffee filters, but I want to know any other items you brought or wished you would have brought for your stay at the cabins. I'm planning to bring my laptop, so does the wifi work well there or do I need to bring something that will help me get a great connection...stuff like that.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated or if there is already a list like this on here, then please point me to that thread. Thanks so much in advance! I'm so excited...:yay:

It depends on the needs of your family. We always stay at the cabins and bring our own griddle because we make breakfast every morning. Citrinella candles because it can get buggy in the summer. Flashlights for walking to the pool after dark. Travel size shower supplies to take to the comfort stations (6 people trying to use 1 shower can take forever!)

So just think about the reasons you picked the cabins in the first place. That should steer you in the right direction for packing. :) Good Luck and have fun on your trip!

We take a hanging shoe organizer to put toiletries in, zip lock bags to bring leftovers back, hot chocolate packets, air fresheners, an extra pillow.

Also, the makings for s'mores at the campground movie night

We are going in September. I really like the air freshener idea and I had thought about the candle idea. Does anyone know how comfy the beds are? Can my 6 foot tall husband lay in one without his feet hanging off the edge?

Thanks for the tips. What I am really looking for is what items I should burn with us. For example, I did not see any type of baking sheets listed so I'm planning to bring one. Stuff like that. I am also bringing a closet shelf that hangs down for extra storage for clothes. I have foldable bins that I will use to hold things like toiletries and such. That's what I'm looking for. We are use to staying in timeshares/condos off property. What items did you bring for the kitchen that was not provided?

We were there last summer. If I remember correctly the wifi was OK. Not the fastest, but OK. There is a HUGE lack of storage. In the bedroom there are 4 small drawers in a built in dresser that are about 12-15" wide. There are also 2 drawers in the nightstand between the double bed and bunkbed. That's it for drawers. The "closet" isn't very wide either so the hanging closet shelf will be very useful. Depending on how many you have staying in the cabin you might want to bring 2. You might want to bring a dirty clothes hamper and if you're going to do laundry some detergent.

I can't comment on the kitchen supplies as we didn't do any cooking.

My family and I will be staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins in about 3 weeks!! This is our first time to stay on Disney property and our first time at the cabins.

I've searched everywhere for this question without finding what I'm looking for. I'm looking for good tips for what to bring to the cabin during our stay. I know that we need to bring groceries, and coffee filters, but I want to know any other items you brought or wished you would have brought for your stay at the cabins. I'm planning to bring my laptop, so does the wifi work well there or do I need to bring something that will help me get a great connection...stuff like that.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated or if there is already a list like this on here, then please point me to that thread. Thanks so much in advance! I'm so excited...:yay:

:yay: for a cabin stay at FW! It's an awesome resort! If you click on the link in my signature, you can check out the FW Resort Thread. There are a few families that are getting ready to go and we've already asked them to get answers on several questions;) If you aren't leaving right away, they may be able to help.

Here's a list of what's provided in the cabins:

http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm#cabins

:thumbsup2 Great place for info!

It depends on the needs of your family. We always stay at the cabins and bring our own griddle because we make breakfast every morning. Citrinella candles because it can get buggy in the summer. Flashlights for walking to the pool after dark. Travel size shower supplies to take to the comfort stations (6 people trying to use 1 shower can take forever!)

So just think about the reasons you picked the cabins in the first place. That should steer you in the right direction for packing. :) Good Luck and have fun on your trip!

Candles and flashlights are a must, aren't they :laughing: Don't leave home without it!

We take a hanging shoe organizer to put toiletries in, zip lock bags to bring leftovers back, hot chocolate packets, air fresheners, an extra pillow.

Also, the makings for s'mores at the campground movie night

I LOVE the picture of the Mickey innertube/rafts hanging on the cabin that you have in your signature!! So cute!!! Over on the FW Resort Thread, we have been trying to come up with something fun to put on the cabins....your idea is great! You need to post that picture over there:thumbsup2

We are going in September. I really like the air freshener idea and I had thought about the candle idea. Does anyone know how comfy the beds are? Can my 6 foot tall husband lay in one without his feet hanging off the edge?

My hubby is 6'2ish and his feet hang off the bed. We decided that on our June trip that he would sleep in one of the double beds and me in the other :laughing: We love the cabins, but this is my only tiny complaint...double beds. However it doesn't keep up from returning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter