• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness Cabin with Car..

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Planning a trip in late June 2018 with my parents and my 5 year old daughter. *(DH has to work). Thinking the cabins at FW would be great. My parents like to drive down to Disney from New England and DD and I would fly down and meet them. I think we would take the boat to MK from FW. How long does it take on average to drive from FW to other parks? I have read multiple reviews on Trip advisor where people who stay at FW (even with car) are annoyed that they don't make it on time for rope drop. I looked at POR but it is 300 plus a night!! I would prefer we have our own space. AOA is a little too over the top for us. We like the tranquil setting. FW with car? Other suggestions? Thanks!

We were there a 6 weeks ago with a car. The only park that was harder to get to with the car was the Magic Kingdom. It is not a very direct route. The other parks took as long or short as staying at any other resort.

We drove to all parks, except MK, when staying there because it was faster and way more convenient. Anyone can make it for rope drop if they leave on time so those folks complaining didn't get out of bed when they should have.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter