Formal wear for 7 yr old son?

cadburysmom

<font color=000099>I'm lucky to cruise with the be
Help! What should my 7 yr old ds wear on formal night? Or do the children prefer to eat with the Oceaneer Club on those nights?

This isn't exactly a fashion emergency but I would like for him to dress appropriately.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Nervous mom from NC:confused:

I had an immediate flash of short pants and a bow tie, but something tells me that 7 year olds are a little more saavy these days and that image would go over like a lead balloon!

Does he have a dress code for school? Dark pants, white button down and a clip on tie would work if he wouldn't be comfy in a suit.

If the tie is not negotiable, what about the shirts that have a tab (Gatsby) collar?

I've yet to do DCL but on other lines, the kids looked cute no matter what they wore and the adults didn't criticize more casually dressed children.

Just remember...formal night is a great photo opportunity if you like everyone dressed up.:)

My son was 6 when we went on the 7-day and he wore slacks, a dress shirt and clip-on tie for the formal/semi-formal nights. I debated purchasing a sports coat for him before we left home, but I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a coat that would be worn only twice.

I've purchased tuxes thru ebay. usually around $40, comes with everything, can wear both formal nights and he looks great!

cheaper than 2 nice outfits too!

My son was 5 yrs old when we took our 1st cruise on the Magic. As he was starting school and we have a dress code, I dressed him in a nice pair of navy blue dress pants a short sleeved white dressy shirt with a clip on Winnie the Pooh tie. He looked really handsome!

Thanks for the great input. I feel much better now and am looking forward to a great cruise!:pinkbounc

One year I purchased a black suit for Matt (one he could wear to church later) and then went to a tux shop and bought a silk bow tie. In the pictures it looks like a little tus.

Last year we did the Ebay thing and purchased a real tux for less money than I spent on the suit. I am hoping it will still fit him this May.

Originally posted by cadburysmom
Help! What should my 7 yr old ds wear on formal night? Or do the children prefer to eat with the Oceaneer Club on those nights?

This isn't exactly a fashion emergency but I would like for him to dress appropriately.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Nervous mom from NC:confused:

Dress pants, dress shirt and tie is appropriate. You might want to look in the JC Penney's catalogue--the Easter stuff is out, and you can get a cute outfit for under $50.

Anne

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest