Formal night and pictures?????

daisy112878

DIS Veteran
We're first time DCL cruisers and have late seating. I saw on the other thread people with mickey and minnie on formal night. When do they start the pictures if you have late seating and the best time for us to go? Also is there going to be huge lines for pics this night?

One more question: I plan on getting an appointment to get my hair done. When should this appointment be so I have enough time to go back to the room and get dressed?

We're very excited about this. My DH is actually renting a tux for formal night and I'm reusing a bridesmaid dress. It will be the first pics all dressed up we've had since our wedding 2 1/2 yo ago.

thanks for the help

September will be our first Magic cruise, and we're getting really excited about the formal night too!

Each dinner seating has it's own photo session/line-up for character pics. If I remember correctly from our Wonder cruise, the line starts like 30-45 min before your dinner time. So I would make sure to be finished with your hair and back in your room getting ready about an 1.5 hours before dinner. (that would give you 45min to get ready, so it depends on how long it takes you to get ready.)

If you don't want to have to wait at all, I would try to get in line early. But the lines do move quickly. It wasn't too bad from what I remember.

HTH
-Christal

You are not limited to a certain time to have your pictures taken. They are done before both seatings but we had ours done after we ate. We also found Minnie in her golden dress outside the theater later in the evening during the last show's wrap party in Studio Sea.

The pictures are at times that are convenient for both dinner seating times.
As far as your hair..I would just be done by 6pm..that way you can catch picture times.

They also have a new set of picture..called lifestyle..they are excellent. Done casually, on a white background. We couldn't make up our minds which were best..so we bought them all.

f3eac97b.jpg

Jenn and Peter With Cruise Director and the Director of the Kids club..
May Repo...

We went thru the line very quickly for Minnie, then Mickey, then the ship background, then up to deck 4 for Daisy and Donald (together).
We probably left the cabin around 5:30-5:35, then did all those photos and still made it to PC for our 6:00 seating.
The disappointment? Mickey and Minnie not posing together as I'd seen photos of on this board. DH didn't look right on the Mickey one, so we bought the one with Minnie.

Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter