Forgive my 'Americaness', but is there a Walmart type store near DLP?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
We are hoping to pick up some snacks/groceries and do some low budget shopping near DLP just as we did at WDW but we probably 1) will not have a car and 2) therefore need a store relatively close to the DLP hotels/area. Anybody know such a place or have tips for low cost snacks, drinks and groceries? Thanks.

2 options:
- Relay at Marne La Vallee train station. There is a big and a small one. In the big one they have more options for sandwiches, salads, bottled drinks are cheaper here. They also have some pastries, coffee etc.
- Take the RER (underground/train) one station to the mall at Vall d'Europe. There is a big supermarket called Auchan. It's what they call a hypermarché, I think this is basically a Walmart. Besides groceries they will also have clothes, furniture etc. If you have a day to spare, always fun to discover another culture's supermarkets and shopping habits. At Val d'Europe there is also an outlet shopping mall for the high brands (La Vallee Village) and there is an aquarium.

Last edited:
2 options:
- Relay at Marne La Vallee train station. There is a big and a small one. In the big one they have more options for sandwiches, salads, bottled drinks are cheaper here. They also have some pastries, coffee etc.
- Take the RER (underground/train) one station to the mall at Vall d'Europe. There is a big supermarket called Auchan. It's what they call a hypermarché, I think this is basically a Walmart. Besides groceries they will also have clothes, furniture etc. If you have a day to spare, always fun to discover other culture's supermarkets and shopping habits. At Val d'Europe there is also an outlet shopping mall for the high brands (La Vallee Village) and there is an aquarium.
Wow, thanks for that info!

to the question alone there was once somewhere in Europe Walmarts but that didn´t went well enough so they closed and moved out of Europe I think I have read about that once so nope but there could be some big store thing but mostly in Paris but I can´t say that for sure since I was only once there and only in Euro-Disney back in 1993 so can´t say but no walmart there that´s I am pretty sure.

There is a Aldi & a Lidl food shops near the hospital
What there is a Hospital near DLP??? and also a ALDI and a LIDL how far are those sounds funny getting in a France ALDI and LIDL if they having the same products almost like the Austrian or German ones.😁:blush:

Are UBER operating in France like here in Vienna???

We have them but they can only drive after getting the Taxi Driver license and they forced to drive almost for the same naughty Taxi Driver doesn´t like to lose their fares. 😂

What there is a Hospital near DLP??? and also a ALDI and a LIDL how far are those sounds funny getting in a France ALDI and LIDL if they having the same products almost like the Austrian or German ones.😁:blush:

Are UBER operating in France like here in Vienna???

We have them but they can only drive after getting the Taxi Driver license and they forced to drive almost for the same naughty Taxi Driver doesn´t like to lose their fares. 😂
It's in the village next door, Val D'Europe, one train stop away. Auchan is very close to the station. Lidl & Aldi are a slightly longer walk from the station. By Uber it is 10 - 15 minutes. Uber is available around Disneyland Paris. My estimates are Uber costs about 10 - 20 euro per one way.

It's in the village next door, Val D'Europe, one train stop away. Auchan is very close to the station. Lidl & Aldi are a slightly longer walk from the station. By Uber it is 10 - 15 minutes. Uber is available around Disneyland Paris. My estimates are Uber costs about 10 - 20 euro per one way.
Dankeschön Thank You very Quatsch 😁 only thought would be funny repeat my funny experience on my first trip at Disney World on my free day took Uber to the close Walmart with my suitcase getting the american groceries shopping experience, would be funny doing that in Paris as well aber da wir hier HOFER und LIDL auch haben so wie die Deutschen (also vllt. auch Sie) mit Aldi und Lidl, wobei viel Untschied werden Sie wohl ned haben Produktmässig ausser halt eher französische Marken statt heimische.

Dankeschön Thank You very Quatsch 😁 only thought would be funny repeat my funny experience on my first trip at Disney World on my free day took Uber to the close Walmart with my suitcase getting the american groceries shopping experience, would be funny doing that in Paris as well aber da wir hier HOFER und LIDL auch haben so wie die Deutschen (also vllt. auch Sie) mit Aldi und Lidl, wobei viel Untschied werden Sie wohl ned haben Produktmässig ausser halt eher französische Marken statt heimische.
Ich bin Niederländisch, aber Deutsch und Niederländisch sind fast gleich ;-) Lidl is a bit different in each country. I was in Lidl in Copenhagen around Christmas. Here in the Netherlands their luxury brand is called 'Delicieux', in Denmark it's called 'Deluxe', and they had slightly different products. I think they had more fish options then we have here around the holidays. I like going to supermarkets on holidays as you can tell a lot about a culture when visiting where they shop every day for their food.

But if you have to chose, I would go for Auchan, not just because it's the biggest and has most things to offer, Auchan is a French brand.

I am French. I live in Germany (for 8 years now) I can guarantee that for food products there are a lot of differences between what you will find in France and Germany. There are a lot of similitudes too (fruits, vegetables, toilet paper, drinks etc are the same pretty much all over ;) ).

Ich bin Niederländisch, aber Deutsch und Niederländisch sind fast gleich ;-) Lidl is a bit different in each country. I was in Lidl in Copenhagen around Christmas. Here in the Netherlands their luxury brand is called 'Delicieux', in Denmark it's called 'Deluxe', and they had slightly different products. I think they had more fish options then we have here around the holidays. I like going to supermarkets on holidays as you can tell a lot about a culture when visiting where they shop every day for their food.

But if you have to chose, I would go for Auchan, not just because it's the biggest and has most things to offer, Auchan is a French brand.
Ausser beim Fussball 😝😘😙😇da seid´s manchmal hüh und manchmal hott sowie die Deutschen wobei die Orangenen Dresses schauen besser aus. And no wonder in France in Frankreich ist fast alles deliziöser more delicate delicious und die Dänen the Danish are more Deluxe luxuriöser feinspitze :=) fesche Madln beautiful Women all they have in France, in Denmark and of course in the Netherlands as well, just like in Germany and Austria. Wobei ned so leicht zum finden 😍😘☺️😉

I am French. I live in Germany (for 8 years now) I can guarantee that for food products there are a lot of differences between what you will find in France and Germany. There are a lot of similitudes too (fruits, vegetables, toilet paper, drinks etc are the same pretty much all over ;) ).
Yeah thankfully those things are mostly the same elsewhere but fruits and vegetables not so sure how much gmo crap you would get in the States but mostly not in Europe would be careful in Spain or Portugal some genetic modified was around like corn (gmo one) cuz they didn´t cared much like the rest of Europe that is much careful of that issue nobody needs those gmo crap seeds and foods.

But thanks anyways Guys will not really having time to explore much there focusing on the DISNEY MAGIC maybe it can still been found in our European one more than lately much in the States ones.

Will have a excursion one Day visiting Paris having boat ride on the seine seeing the eiffeltower the little miss liberty statue from the boat. But having some time there as well but not sure what I could see or visit from there.

First I would have considered the hop on hop off bus but I don´t know which interesting important sightseeings you could visit maybe notre dame if they are further with those repairs or a visit in MOULIN ROUGE would be something if that isn´t to expensive and they are having shows, but not to miss my bus back to my resort in DLP.

How much would it kinda cost a Uber from Paris to DLP???

Unless it is the middle of the night, I wouldn’t go into an Uber. Too much traffic. Just take the RER (sbahn).
That stops at Marny Station close to DLP? How much would that costs and is there a machine to buy the ticket at the station there?

It is just a emergency question in case I would miss the Bus from that excursion to getting back to DLP from Paris.

But the TGV is something else right also a Train but from town to town or something highspeed or so???

Yes RER will get you close to DLP in the same train station as the TGV (MLV/Chessy).

RER = sbahn
TGV= ICE (high speed, mostly long distance trains)
But they sometimes share train stations.

You can get the ticket for MLV/Chessy in any subway (ubahn) or RER train stations. The same ticket will be valid for the subway to get to the RER station.

Yes RER will get you close to DLP in the same train station as the TGV (MLV/Chessy).

RER = sbahn
TGV= ICE (high speed, mostly long distance trains)
But they sometimes share train stations.
Thanks do you also know the prices and how often they trains would come guess RER more frenquently than the TGV. Is there even close to the Eiffeltower a Station for both cuz there If I miss the Bus there to get to those train station???

Thanks do you also know the prices and how often they trains would come guess RER more frenquently than the TGV. Is there even close to the Eiffeltower a Station for both cuz there If I miss the Bus there to get to those train station???
Ticket should be around 5 to 7€ per person (one way). If you are a Champs de Mars you can walk to the subway, line 8 and the get the rer (line A) connexion at opera/Auber.

Wherever you are in Paris, it would be the same price to get to DLP with public transportation. You can check with the RATP website/app or the more friendly Moovit app (the best app for public transportation wherever).

RER frequency to DLP is between every 8 minutes (peak times) to every 20/30 minutes (slow times/first hour-last hour running).

okay thanks it is just hippothetical but if I am lucky will be on time there to catch my Bus back to DLP cuz will pay for it €52,- for that excursion package through DLP. It is in 9 months so have plenty times to get but mostly have to catch this Shuttlebus than will be cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter