Forced to pay a higher price from that I originally paid at FWL horseback ride.

Was it a supervisor you talked to today? If it was, then definitely email guest services with all the info as PP's have said!

I'd consider contacting the FL attorney general's office. This is pretty scam like business practice. Did you get some sort of receipt of your payment, or documentation about expectations of services for payment you made?

Oh, an I would let the supervisor know that you will be contacting the FL AG.

Agreed that this is extremely bad business but the terms of use jargon states they have the right to change the price of any goods or services before delivery of said goods or services.

OP - even though you already spoke to Guest Services I would still email them also. You may very well get a different result.

I'm sure it says in the fine print though that prices may go up the following year.

Don't people book rooms a year out before the new rates are posted? I could have sworn I've seen posts saying that. I wouldn't like the practice but I'd expect it considering it sounds like you booked that far out.

(The 9 bucks wouldn't make that much of difference to me- either way, you're paying too much).

I'm sure it says in the fine print though that prices may go up the following year.

Don't people book rooms a year out before the new rates are posted? I could have sworn I've seen posts saying that. I wouldn't like the practice but I'd expect it considering it sounds like you booked that far out.

(The 9 bucks wouldn't make that much of difference to me- either way, you're paying too much).
They didn't just book it but already paid for it. If you book a room and they let you pay for it you shouldn't expect to be charged more later on.

They didn't just book it but already paid for it. If you book a room and they let you pay for it you shouldn't expect to be charged more later on.

Disney does that with the full understanding that whatever deposit you put down is for an estimated price and that the amount you are paying is just that a deposit.

With that said what Disney has done doesn't mesh well. It doesn't matter what the price is advertised as online since they can indeed change the price but once they takes someone's money it would be better to simply email about the change and say that they are going to honor the original price but if any modifications are made to the reservation (i.e. move to a new day or cancel/rebook/or add people) it will be at the new price. I thought that is usually how the pre-paid dinners work. If you book at the old price you are grandfathered in and then only new bookings pay the higher price.

If you did not pay in advance but actually booked this activity, I would still insist that the price quoted at the time of booking be used. Even if they don't agree to the rate at booking, I would not easily take no for an answer. Ultimately, you may have no other choice, but I would not quietly accept this. Absolutely, ask to talk to a supervisor and get their full name, etc. I'm sure there is someone above the supervisor if you don't get a satisfactory answer. I completely understand not wanting to disappoint the kids if you promised to do this while on vacation.

If you did prepay and they insist on charging you more, I would keep going up the chain of command until the booking price was accepted.

I would just wait until I finished my horseback riding experience and then call my credit card company and dispute the charge. It's worth a shot.

Disney does that with the full understanding that whatever deposit you put down is for an estimated price and that the amount you are paying is just that a deposit.

With that said what Disney has done doesn't mesh well. It doesn't matter what the price is advertised as online since they can indeed change the price but once they takes someone's money it would be better to simply email about the change and say that they are going to honor the original price but if any modifications are made to the reservation (i.e. move to a new day or cancel/rebook/or add people) it will be at the new price. I thought that is usually how the pre-paid dinners work. If you book at the old price you are grandfathered in and then only new bookings pay the higher price.
I thought that was usually how any completely prepaid items worked. I guess not!

That's how all their other things work.
If tickets, dessert parties, etc prices change from the time you purchase till the time you use them you do not pay the higher price, unless you make a change. No reason at all for them to apply a different rule here.

Yes, you have. Those folks would know that what they are booking is a room, not a rate. And their booking should reflect that. I've never seen the appeal or need to book so far in advance so I haven't seen one but I'd expect it to indicate somewhere that their final cost is to be determined when rates are released. I can't imagine this would fit in the same circumstance. This was a booking in May, for a service in November, not a year in advance. If you book a room in May for a stay in November it's not a situation where you are booking a room without knowing the rate. You would know the rate

Yes, you have. Those folks would know that what they are booking is a room, not a rate. And their booking should reflect that. I've never seen the appeal or need to book so far in advance so I haven't seen one but I'd expect it to indicate somewhere that their final cost is to be determined when rates are released. I can't imagine this would fit in the same circumstance. This was a booking in May, for a service in November, not a year in advance. If you book a room in May for a stay in November it's not a situation where you are booking a room without knowing the rate. You would know the rate

I thought the OP had written that they made the reservation in October of last year. Didn't catch the May thing.

What's weird is that they haven't altered the price online, at least of last night, so OP probably has a good chance of getting the original price.

What's weird is that they haven't altered the price online, at least of last night, so OP probably has a good chance of getting the original price.
The whole thing strikes me as very odd. This is why I wonder if George's office is aware and what their response will be (no, I'm not on first name basis, just can't spell his last name and didn't scroll back to look :guilty: )

The whole thing strikes me as very odd. This is why I wonder if George's office is aware and what their response will be (no, I'm not on first name basis, just can't spell his last name and didn't scroll back to look :guilty: )
Yes it is very odd.

I would just wait until I finished my horseback riding experience and then call my credit card company and dispute the charge. It's worth a shot.

If I paid with a credit card and the account has been charged, I would dispute it immediately.

If nothing else, Disney should give you the option of cancelling and getting a refund if they aren't willing to do the right thing and give you the price when you booked.

It's difficult to dispute services you've already received. I think what Disney is doing is wrong, but that really isn't the way to fix it. OP can either continue to go up the chain, cancel the reservation, or decide that she'll suck up the price to keep her girls happy.

If you did not pay in advance but actually booked this activity, I would still insist that the price quoted at the time of booking be used.
Except, the "prices subject to change" disclaimer. Not agreeing with it, especially in this situation. Just stating.
No. Please, no. Please don't recommend abusing the dispute process, and purpose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter