??? for those using Target red card to purchase Disney gift cards and purchase AP's?

edk35

DIS Veteran
Okay is there a way to use multiple gift cards to purchase an AP online??? Isn't there some kind of Disney payment acct. you can load your gift cards into? I noticed that you can ONLY use two forms of payment when purchasing an AP online.

disneygiftcard.com

You can upload up to $1000 per card when you combine them.
Okay so how do you combine them??? So my friend wants to buy a bunch of Disney cards to purchase her AP's but the site says that you can only have 5 gift cards loaded.

Okay so how do you combine them??? So my friend wants to buy a bunch of Disney cards to purchase her AP's but the site says that you can only have 5 gift cards loaded.

When you enter the cards on the website there is the option to combine cards. You just combine the cards and delete the cards with zero balance. I did the same thing recently and put all the gift cards from target on one card and then used that one card to pay for the annual pass online. I'm saving all the cards until I use the annual pass the first time just in case.

The site gives you the option to transfer funds from one card to another

You can have up to 5 cards stored on your account, and you can transfer fund's between them. One of those is designated as the primary card.

In addition, there is an option to transfer funds from a new card (not stored) to three primary card. That option can be found on the drop down menu under Manage Cards and then Transfer Funds. You'll then be given the chance to enter the card's number and security code. The funds from the new card will be transferred to the primary card listed in your stored cards.

It's pretty simple, once you locate the transfer option.

Steve

Side note: if you call to pay with many gift cards, they will tell you to go on the website and combine them and call back.

I see everyone else answered it, but I just wanted to clarify the limit...I'm not sure if it expressly says it on the site that there's a limit, but I know when I had a card with $906 and I tried to transfer another $100, it wouldn't let me. I've paid for my entire trips by combing cards, then I just delete them from the website after the payment goes through.

By the way, if you purchase the cards online from Target and are an Ebates member, you get another 1% back.

By the way, if you purchase the cards online from Target and are an Ebates member, you get another 1% back.

Darn I always forget to use ebates... I wish I had known this before I renewed 2 annual passes! But we still have the resort to pay for so I am definitely using this. Thank you!

I see everyone else answered it, but I just wanted to clarify the limit...I'm not sure if it expressly says it on the site that there's a limit, but I know when I had a card with $906 and I tried to transfer another $100, it wouldn't let me. I've paid for my entire trips by combing cards, then I just delete them from the website after the payment goes through.
The $1,000 limit is mentioned in the FAQ section on their site: https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ProductInformation/About

I think Disney cards aren't considered "gift" cards. Gift cards aren't supposed to get the 5% Red Card discount, but it works for Disney cards. I think it's an "entertainment" card.
That's a myth. The RED card 5% discount policy only excludes Target gift cards, not any other gift cards. But I think the comment above was about ebates. Yes, they exclude gift card purchases, but many seem to slip through the cracks.

From the FAQ on the Disney Gift Card website:
What is Transfer Balance?
The Transfer Balance page allows you to consolidate your cards. For your convenience, you can transfer card balances from one Disney Gift Card to another. You can transfer any amount up to $1,000, but don't forget that each card can only hold a maximum value of $1,000.

That's a myth. The RED card 5% discount policy only excludes Target gift cards, not any other gift cards. But I think the comment above was about ebates. Yes, they exclude gift card purchases, but many seem to slip through the cracks.
I know it was about ebates, but I thought maybe that target discounts them is the same reason you get the 1% ebate, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter