For those that are renewing their Global Entry for the first time, question?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
So I am up for renewal and have had Global Entry for a little over 4 years now. I know you can renew it within your 4th year. So I did, and I have been approved again. I retained the same known traveler number, nothing changed. My question is, on the checked off list, is to schedule an interview. Is this necessary, when I have been completely approved already, it doesn't look tentative "pending" interview? Again, this is my second time around, not a new Global entry member, thanks. I'd love to hear from those that are renewing?

My wife and I and our 3 children all signed up for Global Entry when it first became available and were all interviewed. When we renewed, my wife and I and one daughter were immediately approved with no interview, but my son and other daughter were told to interview again. I was never sure why.

My wife and I and our 3 children all signed up for Global Entry when it first became available and were all interviewed. When we renewed, my wife and I and one daughter were immediately approved with no interview, but my son and other daughter were told to interview again. I was never sure why.

Ok thanks, so how did you see that you didn't need an interview? Its so confusing on the page that says you're approved. To the right, has a checklist, and one of them says required interview and it is checked off. But I don't know if that means from 5 years ago when I interviewed. It looks like I'm fully approved, with expiration dates far out from now. But I don't want to not complete the process. I wish there was an 800 number I could call.

Ok thanks, so how did you see that you didn't need an interview? Its so confusing on the page that says you're approved. To the right, has a checklist, and one of them says required interview and it is checked off. But I don't know if that means from 5 years ago when I interviewed. It looks like I'm fully approved, with expiration dates far out from now. But I don't want to not complete the process. I wish there was an 800 number I could call.
The verbiage is that if you need an interview you are notified that you have "conditional approval" and this will be what is in the application status on the website. If you are approved without the word "conditional" then no interview is needed. If you click on Dashboard after logging into the website, if under "Program Memberships" you see "Approved" in green, with a check sign, for Global Entry, then you are all set and do not need another interview.

My husband was approved without interview. I had to have one. Mine did say conditional approval. I guess it is more common that you realize.

What would they possible ask during the second interview? All they asked during the first interview was to see my drivers license. It was a two hour round trip drive for a less then 3 minute “interview“

What would they possible ask during the second interview? All they asked during the first interview was to see my drivers license. It was a two hour round trip drive for a less then 3 minute “interview“
It was a worthless interview. Asked what countries I had visited during the last global entry interview. Pretty much that was it.

Good question, OP! Dh and & were just talking about our renewal coming up and we are wondering about it, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter