for those that are at the world now or were just there how are the crowds

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
we leave on tues --looking forward to getting away from the cold and snow--just got done shoveling

anyways wondering how the crowds are--I keep checking FP and so far theres still a lot open for when were there

we also got into the moonlite magic for DVC members--got up early the first day just to make sure and theres still openings--could have slept longer LOL

I have been here since Sunday and leaving today. Even though it has been the most crowded I have ever witnessed I wouldn't look too much at crowds this week. MLK holiday weekend, 1st weekend of Epcot festival of the Arts, college dance competition and touring groups all made it more crowded than it probably should have been. I think fastpasses are available since the big groups probably didnt utilize them as much as a small group or solo like me. ( Thank goodness!)

My highly uneducated guess is the crowds will be much lower next week compared to this week.

We were there last week Monday, January 14th through Wednesday. However, this was just after the marathon and we still saw people into Wednesday with their medals.

We thought it would be less people and it was, but that didn't make many of the popular rides less. While we were there we saw 1 hour + for Toy Story, Soarin, Test Track and even longer for Seven Dwarves. Flight of Passage was pushing 3 hours on Wednesday.

It feels really crowded! DD15 and I have been here since Jan 19 staying at BWI and all the parks are feeling very crowded. We normally travel in the summer, and somehow that seems more manageable...could also be the longer extended park hours during the summer. Both of us are loving the Festival of the Arts at Epcot.

I'm here! I thought AK was crowded & a bit uncomfortable today, lines for snacks out blocking sidewalks, sometimes waits for bathroom stalls. Walked thru gorilla falls today & commented to the guy next to me 'isn't this relaxing?' We both laughed...it wasn't. I'll be curious to see tomorrow what touring plans rates today's prediction as, I think they said 6 for AK, I'd give it an 8.

Most importantly I want to tell you to dress warm. I've underestimated the chill & it's getting cooler each day from here. I've over packed shorts & under packed hoodies. I think the things I've brought to keep warm will be warn over & over & the shorts will go home untouched. DH says this was my ploy to do some shopping this week :thumbsup2

I'll just say too, WDW participates in what I term 'line manipulation'. Today's example was at AK, wait for Safaris was up to 95 min & they only had one side loading & lots of space between vehicles so even when crowds are low, they still find a way to make you wait, it doesn't matter if busy or not, you're waiting.

I'll just say too, WDW participates in what I term 'line manipulation'. Today's example was at AK, wait for Safaris was up to 95 min & they only had one side loading & lots of space between vehicles so even when crowds are low, they still find a way to make you wait, it doesn't matter if busy or not, you're waiting.

This is one of the key reasons why Touring Plans increased their crowd level predictions for the next few months since they are based on wait times. I will be there starting on Friday, and I’m dreading this effect the most.

We are here now, and it is crowded! Yesterday at MK almost every ride was close to an hour wait in the afternoon. You’ll be ok if you plan well, and have fast passes. But it isn’t like it used to be at this time of the year.

And, I found the Disney posted wait times to be accurate, and the Touring Plans Lines App “expected wait times” to be very inaccurate. Just FYI.

We are here now, and it is crowded! Yesterday at MK almost every ride was close to an hour wait in the afternoon. You’ll be ok if you plan well, and have fast passes. But it isn’t like it used to be at this time of the year.

And, I found the Disney posted wait times to be accurate, and the Touring Plans Lines App “expected wait times” to be very inaccurate. Just FYI.

Huh, I often time my waits in line & submit them to the app & have found them very accurate. I often wonder how others time their wait, is it upon entering at the sign? Do they wait until they first stop in the line? Do they stop their time as the preshow starts or do they go further to entering a ride vehicle? There's no clear cut way to time the wait, but again, I found them accurate to my way.

I don’t know. But on Monday the posted time for Buzz said 50 minutes, but the Lines App said 30. And it ended up being 50. Same kinda thing happened for Pooh and Under the sea yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter