For those of you that don't like sweets...

augusta1

Mouseketeer
:eek: Shocking I know! Seriously though, we have the quick service plan and my husband is not a big sweets person.
What do you get for your snacks and desserts (since a dessert comes with your meal)?

Sometimes you can get fruit for your dessert at CS, and as PP said you can always get water. I would just ask at EVERY place you eat and see what they will give you.

As for snacks, there are several options....pretzels, popcorn, egg rolls at AK, roasted nuts at some stands, frozen drinks (still sweet, but refreshing on a hot day). Check the snack sticky at the top of the dining plan board.

:eek: Shocking I know! Seriously though, we have the quick service plan and my husband is not a big sweets person.
What do you get for your snacks and desserts (since a dessert comes with your meal)?

Honey! I know exactly how you feel! Neither my DH or my DD22 like sweets:scared1:, just me:lovestruc

My DH favorite snack at Disney is popcorn:sad2:
My DD22 favorite snack is the fried rice or the egg rolls at the Yak n Yeti counter service at Epcot and I must admit, they are delicious!

Eventhough I am a HUGE sweet eater, There is an amazing jalepeno cheese stuffed pretzel at the cart between Africa and Asia in Animal Kingdom and at Fife and Drum at Epcot. It is really big, and not too spicy, just delicious and a great snack credit.

Sometimes you can get grapes or apple slices in place of dessert..actually carrot sticks may be an option, as well, depending on the CS.

Not a darn thing honey ;)...I thought you said YOU liked sweets? :laughing:

You could, ever so kindly, just take it off his hands... for the sake of getting the best value out of the plan, of course.;)

...no really, as for snacks:

popcorn, fresh potato chips at Friar's nook, soups and side salads, pickles at places that sell fruit, sides of beans and rice, ...check menus at the cs meal places...most things are clearly designated as snackable

each cast member has ideas about what you can have...that is to say, what you might be able to get as a dessert one day (ie. chips and salsa,) another day, at the same location, you might not be able to...just ask the cashiers, since they ring you up, it will be their call.

I also recall a few times we were able to get yogurt for DS as a dessert at CS. And it couldn't hurt to ask CM if maybe you can have a bag of chips or extra fries instead of dessert when you order a meal...I know sometimes substitutions are not allowed, but it never hurts....

I am not fan of sweets. I'll have them occasionally but not everyday and certainly not every meal. I usually get yoghurt or fruit or bottled water for later.

My husband doesn't eat sweets at all so he was planning just not to order the dessert that comes with the meal plan. Great to know we might be able to substitute for fruit or carrots!

Thanks for the responses! Believe me it is tempting to eat his dessert and mine too! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter