? for those already returned from free dining

carmie3377

Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.
Please excuse me if there is a similar question already out there!

Anyway, I'm reading lots of reports of light crowds right now. I read that the first week of FD was busy, but since then, it has lightened up considerably. So, if in fact it was slow when you were there, did you have problems making your ADRs? The reason I'm asking is there are so many horror stories out there with people stating they can't get any ADR's for Dec. I'm hoping though that there are light crowds in the first 3 weeks of Dec even with the problems of ADRs.

If you had a hard time making ADRs yet experienced light crowds, it will give me hope that it will be the same for us in Dec.

TIA

I was there last week. Le Cellier, Coral Reef, California Grill, and Ohana were crowded. Most everywhere else I went did not appear to be full. Very few lines in the parks until Labor Day weekend. But that is the week before Labor Day. The first two weeks of December are historically busier than the last week of August/first week of September, free dining or no free dining.

I was there last week. Very light crowds. I called for my reservations right on the dot, and basically got what I wanted. But, anyone calling shortly after would have had problems. I know this because I had to do some tweaking, which proved to be very difficult. Shortly after, on-line booking started. I believe this has added to the double booking problems.

I had no problems making ADR's. We got everything we wanted either at the time we wanted or within an hour of our prefered time. I know we went last year the 2nd week of December and I thought the crowds were bad. We usally go in September and after last December will stay with September.

We were there for free dining August 16th to the 24th and I can say I was very surprised that it was not THAT bad. I was able to add a TS the morning of 8/20 for 4 people at la chefs for lunch...when we got there, they were still taking walk ups....AWESOME MEAL I want to add! Also we were able to add 2 extra people at Tutto on 8/22 with no trouble.
The only one problem we ran into was at DHS on 8/19....we had a 5pm dinner for SCI FI and they had totally double booked EVERYTHING....when we showed up for our dinner ressie at 4:45, there were people who were waiting that had been bumped from 2:30????:scared1: I think our party was sat a little after 6pm but it was getting a little ugly.

I think you may be pleasantly surprised but Dec is a ways out so who knows... sending some good vibes :goodvibes and disney magic :wizard: your way!

Thanks everyone! I know the crowds will probably be heavier than now because of the time of year; however, it seems that some of those enjoying light crowds now experienced the same problems with ADRs that we are that are going in Dec.

Just got home two days ago and the crowds were light for our week long stay (although they did pick up during the holiday weekend). We had a very hard time getting reservations at Ohana's, Le Cellier and Chef Mickey's, and had a difficult time getting the times we most preferred for our other reservations. We became a little obsessed with checking dining availability in the month prior to the trip and finally were able to get all of the restaurants we wanted (although maybe not the exact times we wanted). So yes- we had trouble getting reservations but the crowds were light.

I just got back and the crowds were good but the resturants that we went to were packed and seen ppl getting turned away.
We went to:
France
Italy
Japan
Canada
CM
Ohanna
Prime Time
Tonys
Tusker House
CP
T-Rex
I did have to rearange my nights to get what I wanted. The harder ones I got at the end of my stay.

We were there 9/3 through 9/7 and had light crowds and had no problems getting all ADRs we wanted on our 90 day mark, all within 30 minutes of our asked for times. I think 10 or 11 TS meals in all over the four days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter