For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

Yum! My dream is to get a dole whip and sit and eat it in The Tiki Room 🤤

That's a good goal!

I bet! And it doesn't look busy at all!

It's amazing how light the crowds are!

How fancy! I've never seen that!

When you have an older bottle of wine (these were all about 20 years old) there is often sediment that gathers at the bottom of the bottle. By pouring it into a decanter you can filter out the sediment by leaving it at the bottom of the bottle. Also by pouring it over the the long glass of the bottle it allows the wine to aerate and open up. It wasn't really necessary with a wine this old, but it was still good.

That all looks amazing!

It was!

What a perfect birthday celebration!

It was so much fun!

I think "pew" is considered classic Star Wars now, but yes it would work.

Yuss!

I need one... um... since I haven't had one in at least a year and a half! (or longer)

Are there any confectionaries up there that might have them? You could always get caramel at the grocery store and dip sliced apple in it. We've done that at home for an easy dessert.

Didn't see any problems??? Um...

Either you were really getting shafted by the first one or the second one can't see the problem. Maybe because there isn't one.
I'd rather there be no problem of course.

I'm hoping there really wasn't a problem. We haven't heard from them about plumbing for about two weeks now.

I would consider not paying the bill.

I would consider it too, but Fran is too worried about her credit.

I'd be okay with that! :laughing:

And no masks either! No matter how many cases there are! :thumbsup2

Hmmm... I'll give it a passing grade. I too like my water ice cold.

It works in a pinch.

Huh. I guess I would just call that.... cake. :)

Yeah, I was expecting something a little more exciting. I even googled some recipes and none of them sounded as yummy as the ones I've had in restaurants.

Back with friends

So it had been almost a week since we had been to a park and I was really getting ancy. We had plans with five of us, well within the guidelines. No more than three households (Jenny, Michael, Naked Jim, Fran and I) would be traveling together.

Jenny planned to get a BG for RotR for her and her hubby, I said that Fran and I would pass since we rode the week before, but Jim wanted to ride so she added his pass to her app and was able to get BG 29 that morning. This changed our plans. I did the math and figured out that if she got anything less than 40, we would need to move up our departure time.

We had planned to pick up Naked Jim at 9AM, but now we needed to leave as soon as we could. As I was finishing getting dressed, Fran asked if she could skip today. She'd been having terrible stomach cramps for the past couple days, and really wanted to just stay in bed. While I was disappointed, I completely understood. Besides there were other friends I was spending the day with, so I'd manage.

Jim and I made pretty good time out to the park. Whereas I had planned to pick him up at 9AM, we were actually arriving on property at that time. It took us a while to get the car parked and us to the gates.

We were on MS by 9:51.

At that time, they were boarding groups 10 through 28 at that point so we agreed just to meet Jenny and Michael at the ride.

The three of them rode while I waited in the shade and put on sun screen.

We thought about riding Smuggler's Run, but the line was too long and we didn't want to wait.

We decided our next ride would be Pirates. On our way there….

Because of the social distancing in the lines, the queue for Pirates was blocking the easy access to where we were going, so we had to take what Fran and I call “the high road”.

You see we were going to the end of the ride to get a return pass since I ride a scooter. Turns out that the location to get one of those was the staircase to the Dream Suite. Jack Sparrow was a top the staircase.

We only had 10 minutes to kill so we meandered through the Jack store and the pirate store. You had to go in through the Jack store and exit through the Pirate one. While in the Pirate store our return time came up.

It was so great to be back on one of the most iconic rides in the park! I took some cellphone pics, and for a phone camera they didn't come out half bad!

I was absolutely elated that they finally put the harpsichord back!

The rest of our ride was uneventful, but it was so nice not to be backed up at the scene here and have boats slamming into you while waiting forever and a day to be pulled up to the top of the ramp to proceed to the unloading area.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

We decided to ride the train next.

See how well all these people are social distancing in this queue?

And now for my favorite part of the ride! Grand Canyon and Primeval World.

While on the train we decided to check with Cafe Orleans and see if they could take us early. Our reservation was for 2PM, but we were fairly hungry now and were hoping to park hop to DCA after the 1PM mark hit. They could take us and by 12:45 we were seated and ordering.

Now those of you who have been dining out ever since outdoor dining began are probably familiar with this, but I’ve only been going this for a little more than a month, so this who QR code thing is new to me.

I didn’t need to use it. As soon as our server explained that the portion has been reduced and that instead of four pieces, it is only two pieces, but the pomme frites are included. I was absolutely sold! Everyone got the Monte Cristo, but Jenny and her husband split one. He got the gumbo also.

She got the salad.

My sandwich.

I'd say it's a fair trade, even with the reduced portion I couldn't finish the sandwich, so Fran got a little bit that I took home for her.

Let’s wrap up this update here, next we hop over to DCA, and we’ll find out how many more items are crossed off my to do list!

Are there any confectionaries up there that might have them? You could always get caramel at the grocery store and dip sliced apple in it. We've done that at home for an easy dessert.
Yes there is! I keep forgetting. I can choose from candy or caramel or fancy decorated.
Need to get on that. :)
I'm hoping there really wasn't a problem. We haven't heard from them about plumbing for about two weeks now.
Fingers crossed.
I would consider it too, but Fran is too worried about her credit.
I get that.

And... I'll have to come back to read the update. I'm at work, so no photos.

Yes there is! I keep forgetting. I can choose from candy or caramel or fancy decorated.
Need to get on that. :)

At least you could have some joy. I think I might choose the heavily sugared Minnie version next time.

And... I'll have to come back to read the update. I'm at work, so no photos.

Boo on the no photos! This was a photo heavy update!

Sorry to hear that Fran wasn't feeling well!

You certainly had a successful morning! And great PotC pics!

That doesn't open again until Thursday....

And by now I see it wasn't the greatest. :(

And they just announced a virtual queue for Indy....

I saw that!! Wonder how it's being received...

I may be doing solo touring in the morning.... :rolleyes1

Ruh roh...

however today would prove a little less successful.

EEK!!
Let's just say it was a somewhat exhausting and disgusting way to spend an afternoon/early evening.

I have done that.

So. many. times.

Say what? You didn't think to talk to us about this when you saw us earlier?????

What the what?!

After all, we (Jenny, Jill, Michael, Fran and I) had dinner plans that night. Sort of a planned potluck where everyone was making something, and that started at 5PM.
Sounds like soooo much fun!

We stopped for Ham and Cheese Croissants at our favorite donut store

I love those, and they're my new go-to in the parks when I grab my $ixbux latte.

x21DL0430OD03.jpg

OH alll the feels!!

Unfortunately she forgot about the fervor of Disney Fans, and by the time we were called most, most of the things she wanted were sold out.

OH dear, she's lost her edge.

I had read online about the fate of the Old Dress Shop. It is going to be converted to a Princess and the Frog themed QS.

Seriously? Ugh.

So pretty much all our plans for the day were a bust.

Well, crap, sorry Alison. :(

his changed our plans. I did the math and figured out that if she got anything less than 40, we would need to move up our departure time.

Yup, pretty much. I have gotten VERY low BGs but ideally, a 30's or 40s group is better so you can get some short wait rides in (SDD, MF, and MMRR at WDW) before yours is called. Also gives the option of finding a nicer breakfast if you want.

We had planned to pick up Naked Jim at 9AM, but now we needed to leave as soon as we could. As I was finishing getting dressed, Fran asked if she could skip today. She'd been having terrible stomach cramps for the past couple days, and really wanted to just stay in bed. While I was disappointed, I completely understood.
Aw, man. :( That is awful. Poor Fran!
Besides there were other friends I was spending the day with, so I'd manage.

Eases the bummer of it.
It was so great to be back on one of the most iconic rides in the park!

YAY!!! It's just the BEST!

:goodvibes: I always think about you when I pass that.

YES!!
While on the train we decided to check with Cafe Orleans and see if they could take us early.
I want to eat here again SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. The last time I ate there it was the last time I ever saw my aunt. Such bittersweet memories. She went on and on about the pommes frites and I would love to enjoy some again in her memory.

So it had been almost a week since we had been to a park and I was really getting ancy.
A week... :sad2:

It's been a bit longer since I've been... and will be a bit longer still.
As I was finishing getting dressed, Fran asked if she could skip today. She'd been having terrible stomach cramps for the past couple days, and really wanted to just stay in bed. While I was disappointed, I completely understood. Besides there were other friends I was spending the day with, so I'd manage.
That's too bad. Hope she's feeling better?
On our way there….
Loved gazing longingly at all your photos.
I really need to get back there again.
Heck... either coast.
Because of the social distancing in the lines, the queue for Pirates was blocking the easy access to where we were going, so we had to take what Fran and I call “the high road”.
:laughing:
Apt name.
Jack Sparrow was a top the staircase.
He looks a little distracted. I mean more so than usual.
It was so great to be back on one of the most iconic rides in the park!
:goodvibes
I took some cellphone pics, and for a phone camera they didn't come out half bad!
They did!
I didn't know it was gone, but I do recognize the sheet music. :)
<sigh> oh well...
it was so nice not to be backed up at the scene here and have boats slamming into you while waiting forever and a day to be pulled up to the top of the ramp to proceed to the unloading area.
Always hate that part. Maybe that can be part of the "new norm".
Makes me wonder if MK's train is running yet?
See how well all these people are social distancing in this queue?
Pretty good!
I really liked that part too! So different than MKs. :)
While on the train we decided to check with Cafe Orleans and see if they could take us early.
I'd love to try that some day.
Now those of you who have been dining out ever since outdoor dining began are probably familiar with this, but I’ve only been going this for a little more than a month, so this who QR code thing is new to me.
It's new to me too. Never done it.
He got the gumbo also.
mmm... I want.
My sandwich.
Looks good! I think I told you that I made some using their recipe?
Boo on the no photos! This was a photo heavy update!
But I'm caught up now!

Nope, Tron will have to be A LOT closer to being done as they need to find a way around that area. I am curious to see if they tunnel the track to just fit it beside Tron BARELY, or...? Am anxious to find out.

Nope, Tron will have to be A LOT closer to being done as they need to find a way around that area. I am curious to see if they tunnel the track to just fit it beside Tron BARELY, or...? Am anxious to find out.
Thanks for the eye on the scene update. :)

Hi Alison! I'm finally here! I'm so behind on the DIS.
It's nice to see everyone back at Disneyland again! Happy Belated Birthday! It looked fantastic! Dining out has become a whole new different experience. You can't take it for granted (granite haha) again so it's definitely a treat to dine out! I have gotten used to cooking and eating at home a lot more!

We missed Fran but excited to see her later this week!!!

Such a good update! It was so fun to be back in the parks with good friends! Its been far too long! Lunch was yummy. Had fun seeing naked Jim, albeit with clothes on. :lmao:

And by now I see it wasn't the greatest. :(

Actually I haven't reported that one yet, a couple more updates.....

I saw that!! Wonder how it's being received...

Not sure. I checked today and it was pretty late in the day, but all the BG were sold out.

I have done that.

So. many. times.

Yucky huh?

I love those, and they're my new go-to in the parks when I grab my $ixbux latte.

We have been enjoying them for years. We had a place near our old house where we got them and when we moved across town we found a place in this side of town to get them, but ours are with cheddar, not sure how I would like the swiss in the Starbucks ones.

OH dear, she's lost her edge.

Well not exactly :rolleyes:

Well, crap, sorry Alison. :(

It was OK, if I told you the real story I'd have to kill you! :laughing:

Yup, pretty much. I have gotten VERY low BGs but ideally, a 30's or 40s group is better so you can get some short wait rides in (SDD, MF, and MMRR at WDW) before yours is called. Also gives the option of finding a nicer breakfast if you want.

I forgot what I got last week, but it was actually perfect and it was pretty high, but you'll find out eventually when I get to those pictures, screen shots and such.

Aw, man. :( That is awful. Poor Fran!

Yeah, I felt bad for her. She really has to stay off the Mtn. Dew. That's what we think is doing it.

Eases the bummer of it.

Yes, good friends always do!

YAY!!! It's just the BEST!

One of the best rides!

:goodvibes: I always think about you when I pass that.

Thanks! It's my favorite part of the ride!

I want to eat here again SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. The last time I ate there it was the last time I ever saw my aunt. Such bittersweet memories. She went on and on about the pommes frites and I would love to enjoy some again in her memory.

It's basically one of the hardest reservations to get in the parks! Even more difficult for us to get into than a certain other restaurant!

A week... :sad2:

It's been a bit longer since I've been... and will be a bit longer still.

Yeah, I get it. But since we used to go every week, it's good to be back to that pattern. In fact we're there three times this week.

That's too bad. Hope she's feeling better?

Yeah, I think we just need to get her off the Mtn. Dew and we're good.

Loved gazing longingly at all your photos.
I really need to get back there again.
Heck... either coast.

Florida will probably be first, the governor there doesn't give a hoot about who comes as long as they have money. Infected? sure! As long as you'll spend cash!

:laughing:
Apt name.

Well? We always used to ask, High Road or Low Road? The high road took a little more scooter power to go over it, but we didn't have to go up the place that now we can't pass due to the extended Pirates queue.

He looks a little distracted. I mean more so than usual.

I may have just caught him at an off moment.

I didn't know it was gone, but I do recognize the sheet music. :)

I've been watching that since I was a college student. Tony Baxter told me that they have had to replace that so many times over the years. I just remember the harpsichord was gone the last time I rode it and that might have been Sept 2019.

<sigh> oh well...

Yeah, I know. My desktop is the old scene of the old redhead.

Always hate that part. Maybe that can be part of the "new norm".

We can hope.

Liesa answered that.

I really liked that part too! So different than MKs. :)

We have the stuff from thw 1960's world fair! :thumbsup2

I'd love to try that some day.

Next time we will go to Cafe Orleans

It's new to me too. Never done it.

Huh. You haven't been out to dinner yet?

mmm... I want.

I got that today!

Looks good! I think I told you that I made some using their recipe?

Which one? I made it at home a few times and it was good, but a real PITA, you had to toothpick all the pieces and then deep fry it. Since we are so close I decided it was better just to get it there. Until we couldn't. I'm thinking of making a July reservation to have it again and we ate one today.

But I'm caught up now!

Yay! I hope to have another update before we go out Friday, but we have another reservation tomorrow and we were just there today!

Hi Alison! I'm finally here! I'm so behind on the DIS.

:welcome:

I hope you will be doing TRs as well. I miss hearing about your chunky adventures!

It's nice to see everyone back at Disneyland again!

I am so happy to be back! We are totally enjoying our happy place, although we miss some of the things that we used to take for granted. (granite! :laughing:)

Happy Belated Birthday! It looked fantastic!

OMG! It was so fun to do something normal again and have fun with friends!

Dining out has become a whole new different experience. You can't take it for granted (granite haha) again so it's definitely a treat to dine out! I have gotten used to cooking and eating at home a lot more!

I always cooked at home a lot, but this last year gave a whole new thing to it. I tallied up our dinner list and didn't realize how many dinners that we ate out at the park and how many were at a certain special restaurant. I am so looking forward to resuming that tradition as it reopened last Thursday and we plan to go to the casual location tomorrow to enjoy beverages and yummy food!

We missed Fran but excited to see her later this week!!!

She should be plenty relaxed and happy on Friday. As long as I don't wear her out tomorrow. We were pretty tired after today.

Such a good update! It was so fun to be back in the parks with good friends! Its been far too long! Lunch was yummy. Had fun seeing naked Jim, albeit with clothes on. :lmao:

And we had even more fun after, can't wait to update on that!

Jim and I made pretty good time out to the park. Whereas I had planned to pick him up at 9AM, we were actually arriving on property at that time

Very good time!

I wonder if the ground will be full of SD lines when I get back...

I also wonder when F! will be able to come back...

Jack Sparrow was a top the staircase.

Was he his usual chatty self?

Ohh! How long was it gone?

I still remember these treasure rooms blowing my mind as a kid...100% real loot of course right ;)

Ahhh haa!

QR code thing is new to me.

Ya me too..

As soon as our server explained that the portion has been reduced and that instead of four pieces, it is only two pieces, but the pomme frites are included. I was absolutely sold! Everyone got the Monte Cristo, but Jenny and her husband split one. He got the gumbo also.

Ah gotcha! I remember 2 still being loads, so I think we'd split and have a gumbo also possibly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter