• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

Back at DVC

About a week later we were back at the parks, this time for a two night stay at the Grand Californian. I was able to snag these nights as soon as the booking for the Villas reopened in April. It was fate because the nights fit perfectly for our already planned return to a sorely missed dining experience.

I began packing on Sunday for our Wednesday-Friday stay. I felt very out of practice. We had not stayed overnight outside our own house in 430 nights. Even though I have an entire dresser devoted to items that we pack on trips, I wasn't sure I was prepared. We had both robbed our travel bathroom bags of deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner over the course of the past year. Normally I trade those items out when I replace my daily use items, that way the bathroom bags always have the freshest hygiene products, but not knowing when we would travel again, I didn't bother to replace them. Until this week when we really needed to pack!

In addition to the missing supplies, we were just plain out of practice. In the end I forgot my own hotel slippers. They must have been buried in a drawer and I just didn't see them. We decided that after this trip we would go through that dresser and get rid of items we don't need to bring anymore. Luckily I had all the phone and tablet chargers, and everything we really needed. Walking on a cold floor in bare feet was an inconvenience but not horrible. Besides I knew for sure that I wouldn't be stepping on any cat puke!

However, being out of practice, we left way later than our normal "late". Normally we try to leave at noon and get out somewhere between 1-3PM. this time I thought we might leave by 3-4PM and we didn't leave until quarter to six!

We had a 7PM reservation at Tortilla Jo's, and we got to the Grand at about 6:30. Of course Fran brought way too much stuff that she didn't even use and the bellman had his work cut out! We checked in and the clerk was overly friendly to the point that I almost thought he was prying. Asking things like, "Do you have dinner plans? What's your favorite dish there.."

As soon as we got in the room, we called for the bags. We scored on the view, second best view for a one bedroom unit. I shot some pictures while waiting for the Bellman.

These little sanitizing products were waiting on the counter for us.

This would be my bathroom for the stay.

The bedroom…

My Jacuzzi Tub!

The Bellman arrived at about 3 minutes to 7PM. We got the bags into the room, I quickly transferred the contents of the cooler to the fridge, and then we darted out the door.

Downtown Disney was PACKED! Probably because both parks had just closed, we were only a few minutes late and were seated promptly. Chips and salsa arrived immediately.

I never thought that I would appreciate physical menus so much. I've only been to a handful of restaurants since being vaccinated and two had menus you could hold (one was the same menu they've served for years now). Two had paper menus we could take home and the other three used the QR code. TJs was the latter.

The tables were nicely spaced.

We were ready to have a good time on this “midweek weekend.’

We ordered up some Margaritas, she got the house, I got the Gold.

They no longer make the guac tableside, so we gave them our preferences (mild, no cilantro, no jalapeños) and waited. It took a little while, but Fran pointed out that we saved 5 bucks on tipping the tableside guacamole maker.

We ordered a three item combination, two beef tacos, a cheese enchilada, and all refried beans on the side. It arrived a little too quickly after the guac. I would have liked more time to enjoy that before the main course showed up. As usual, it was more than both of us could finish and we took home some leftovers.

We stopped into Marceline's and got more sweet treats. This time I took pictures in the room before we ate them. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves!

As we made our way back to the lobby, I noticed that these chairs had new upholstery. I supposed that this sort of fabric is easier to clean off.

The lobby was empty when we got back.

The rest of the furniture in the lobby was also similarly upholstered.

And all the seating areas had signs like this.

The Hearthstone wasn't all that busy either.

She wanted to take a spin through the gift shop, and both of us got one of these shirts.

The color is all off in the picture because this Polo shirt that she got is Forest Green.

Then it was back up to the room. I made sure to take pics of the goodies right away. We got both the chocolate and vanilla cupcakes.

It turns out this cookie had nuts in it, so it was all hers!

A Cheshire Tail!

And another Marshmallow Wand (the last one was so good!)

I missed this view!

I got our clothes for the following night hung up and unpacked our suitcases. I got the bed prepared and everything ready for a bath for me.

We split the vanilla cupcake, after I thoroughly messed up the kitchen with our breakfast and snacks.

I took my bath and went to bed. It was good to be back! :goodvibes

And I have no problem going with you to the Plaza Inn and Cafe Orleans, just not in the same day. That would be too much for me.
Probably for me too. Not on the same day is just fine.
We had not stayed overnight outside our own house in 430 nights.
I was going to say "Me too"... but I did go camping a couple times with either Kay or all the family, last summer.
We had both robbed our travel bathroom bags of deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner over the course of the past year.
Interesting. I don't keep anything but meds (Advil and the like) in my travel bag. That's not a bad idea...
In the end I forgot my own hotel slippers.
If that's the only thing you forgot, that's not bad at all. :)
Besides I knew for sure that I wouldn't be stepping on any cat puke!
:laughing: At least you'd hope not!!
we didn't leave until quarter to six!

We had a 7PM reservation at Tortilla Jo's,
Cutting it close!
We checked in and the clerk was overly friendly to the point that I almost thought he was prying. Asking things like, "Do you have dinner plans? What's your favorite dish there.."
I always chalk that up to Disney and the CMs trying to "make it magical".
I find it a bit weird when it happens, and just take it in stride.
My Jacuzzi Tub!
Yusssss...
I never thought that I would appreciate physical menus so much. I've only been to a handful of restaurants since being vaccinated and two had menus you could hold (one was the same menu they've served for years now). Two had paper menus we could take home and the other three used the QR code.
I haven't eaten inside at a restaurant since the Pandemic started. Done take-out of course, but that doesn't count.
We ordered up some Margaritas, she got the house, I got the Gold.
That read almost like a divorce settlement.
Fran pointed out that we saved 5 bucks on tipping the tableside guacamole maker.
:sad2:
I had no idea you were supposed to tip tableside service. I feel like such a dolt.
Beans are not on the side.
I know that's more traditional for tacos, but I prefer the stand and stuff version. Ench looks really yummy, though.
We stopped into Marceline's and got more sweet treats.
I still haven't gotten my candy apple! I forgot!
As we made our way back to the lobby, I noticed that these chairs had new upholstery. I supposed that this sort of fabric is easier to clean off.

That just looks... awful. Maybe the colour is off.
x21DL00512BG17.jpg
What a great shot!!
The color is all off in the picture because this Polo shirt that she got is Forest Green.
See previous comment re: upholstery.
In this photo, forest green = grey.
I'm with you on that! I'll pass on it too.
Not something I'd buy, but it does look good!
We split the vanilla cupcake, after I thoroughly messed up the kitchen with our breakfast and snacks.

I'd be sneaking in there in the middle of the night.

Several times.

:laughing:
:goodvibes

Probably for me too. Not on the same day is just fine.

Now all we need is for the border to open! I've already got plans with one set of Canadians!

I was going to say "Me too"... but I did go camping a couple times with either Kay or all the family, last summer.

::yes:: I read about that.

Interesting. I don't keep anything but meds (Advil and the like) in my travel bag. That's not a bad idea...

I keep two travel bags. One is literally a baggie with shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. The stuff I actually use IN the bathroom. The other is a bag with a curved "hanger" that I hang off the nightstand next to my side of the bed. That has all the stuff for getting dressed. Hairbrush, barrettes, scrunchies, ibuprofen, various other stuff I might need for pain or other ailments (cuts, blisters, etc).

If that's the only thing you forgot, that's not bad at all. :)

It was the only thing I really missed, so I guess that's good!

:laughing: At least you'd hope not!!

Considering their no pets policy!

Cutting it close!

I was not happy. At the last minute Fran wanted to bring a whole bunch of stuff she didn't need or use.

I always chalk that up to Disney and the CMs trying to "make it magical".
I find it a bit weird when it happens, and just take it in stride.

I'm OK with the regular Magic, but I think Disney instructed them to "take it to 11."

I haven't eaten inside at a restaurant since the Pandemic started. Done take-out of course, but that doesn't count.

Yeah the in restaurant dining is definitely different, although Long Beach is trying to get the outdoor dining to stick around. I like that, at least when it isn't super hot.

That read almost like a divorce settlement.

:laughing: You're right!

I had no idea you were supposed to tip tableside service. I feel like such a dolt.

I don't know I you're supposed to, but Fran likes to overtip.

Beans are not on the side.
I know that's more traditional for tacos, but I prefer the stand and stuff version. Ench looks really yummy, though.

What do you mean "Beans are not on the side." Most meals in CA Mexican restaurants come with a side of rice and beans. We just ask for all beans.

What do you mean "stand and stuff" version?

I still haven't gotten my candy apple! I forgot!

I've already had another! What are you waiting for?

That just looks... awful. Maybe the colour is off.

Actually I don't think it is off in this case. That's about the color I remember. Maybe that's why it caught my eye. They used to be green cushions I think.

What a great shot!!

Thanks! I got lucky!

See previous comment re: upholstery.
In this photo, forest green = grey.

This was bad lighting.

I'm with you on that! I'll pass on it too.

:thumbsup2

Not something I'd buy, but it does look good!

I love these things. I can't wait until they have more of a variety of flavors again.

I'd be sneaking in there in the middle of the night.

Several times.

And you'd be buying me new treats! We usually split them all.

Now all we need is for the border to open! I've already got plans with one set of Canadians!
:laughing: We're like locusts!
::yes:: I read about that.
:goodvibes
I keep two travel bags. One is literally a baggie with shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. The stuff I actually use IN the bathroom. The other is a bag with a curved "hanger" that I hang off the nightstand next to my side of the bed. That has all the stuff for getting dressed. Hairbrush, barrettes, scrunchies, ibuprofen, various other stuff I might need for pain or other ailments (cuts, blisters, etc).
My bag is... considerably less encumbered. :)
I was not happy. At the last minute Fran wanted to bring a whole bunch of stuff she didn't need or use.
oy
I'm OK with the regular Magic, but I think Disney instructed them to "take it to 11."
goes to 11.gif
Yeah the in restaurant dining is definitely different, although Long Beach is trying to get the outdoor dining to stick around. I like that, at least when it isn't super hot.
Love eating al fresca. But... not when it's raining or too hot or too cold.
I don't know I you're supposed to, but Fran likes to overtip.
I do too.
What do you mean "Beans are not on the side." Most meals in CA Mexican restaurants come with a side of rice and beans. We just ask for all beans.
When I ask for something on the side, I expect it in a separate plate/dish.

Also, in my case, I'd be asking for all rice, no beans. Not a fan of refried beans.
What do you mean "stand and stuff" version?

Like that. Ground beef instead of pulled and only the shell deep fried.
I've already had another! What are you waiting for?
:laughing: For my brain to go "Hey dummy! Today's the day for a candy apple!"
Actually I don't think it is off in this case. That's about the color I remember. Maybe that's why it caught my eye. They used to be green cushions I think.
Green would be preferable.
Thanks! I got lucky!
All right Alison!
:dogdance:

Oh, wait. You're talking about getting the photo.
That's good too.
I wouldn't admit to sneaking in. ;)

Great updates and its SO good to be back! :cloud9:

That view is perfection! The treats look yummy! We got cookies and cramel apple. Chloe's choclate chip cookies have ruined us so we found the one from Marceline's just so-so.

A Cheese Dog is filled with Cheese!

Riggghhhttt- just wasn't sure if there was a dog in there too

It was funny cause this announcement came out on April Fool's Day and everyone thought it was a joke, but Fran and I are both interested in at least trying it once. We make Crescent Dogs with the Pillsbury Crescent Dough and we put cheese and pickles inside and they are really good!

Yum, I remember that receipe, might have to make it for a tv dinner night soon

And I have no problem going with you to the Plaza Inn and Cafe Orleans, just not in the same day. That would be too much for me.

Thay would be way too filling I think...well the stuff I'd want to have

We checked in and the clerk was overly friendly to the point that I almost thought he was prying. Asking things like, "Do you have dinner plans? What's your favorite dish there.."

Go big or go home apparently with that guy

Downtown Disney was PACKED! Probably because both parks had just closed

I'm guessing they aren't limiting numbers in there anymore

I never thought that I would appreciate physical menus so much. I've only been to a handful of restaurants since being vaccinated and two had menus you could hold (one was the same menu they've served for years now). Two had paper menus we could take home and the other three used the QR code. TJs was the latter.

We had a pub dinner the other night..I was def missing holding a menu..it was a scanner too.

two beef tacos, a cheese enchilada

Yum, I think I might make enchiladas this weekend- i love ench sauce.

Is that the cookie bottom right? Looks ginormous!

both of us got one of these shirts.

Very nice! The polo seems very Fran

t turns out this cookie had nuts in it, so it was all hers!

Yum! Was it soft-ish?

I love marshmallow wands, especially when there is caramel under the chocolate

We are splitters too, I would not be ok if I didn't at least get a bite!

Let us in, let us innnnn!!!

In addition to the missing supplies, we were just plain out of practice. In the end I forgot my own hotel slippers.

Gah! Totally ruined the trip. Way to go, Alison.

Even if you did, it would be Disney Cat Puke®.

Asking things like, "Do you have dinner plans? What's your favorite dish there.."

"May I join you tonight?"

It really helps when you need to clean the Disney Cat Puke®.

She wanted to take a spin through the gift shop, and both of us got one of these shirts.

I like that one.

NO! Why do they feel the need to ruin perfectly good cookies like that?

Glorious view! Love all the lights.

I can only imagine!

In what way? :confused3

My bag is... considerably less encumbered. :)

I'm not sure what that means.....

Love eating al fresca. But... not when it's raining or too hot or too cold.

Well lucky for us only one of those three are likely here.

When I ask for something on the side, I expect it in a separate plate/dish.

Also, in my case, I'd be asking for all rice, no beans. Not a fan of refried beans.

OK, I get that, but here most "plates" (or platos) come with a side of rice and beans. Sometimes it is on a separate plate, sometimes it isn't.

Like that. Ground beef instead of pulled and only the shell deep fried.

So you like your Gringo tacos! :laughing:

:laughing: For my brain to go "Hey dummy! Today's the day for a candy apple!"

Well when is that? :confused3

Green would be preferable.

It was out of stock.

All right Alison!
:dogdance:

Oh, wait. You're talking about getting the photo.
That's good too.

I wouldn't admit to sneaking in. ;)

But I'd know if was you....I was guessing you were crashing on the couch like all my other Disney friends who come to visit.

In what way? :confused3
Swarming across the land.
I'm not sure what that means.....
Just have less stuff. I'm usually good with a comb, toothpaste/toothbrush, razor/shaving cream, deodorant.
OK, I get that, but here most "plates" (or platos) come with a side of rice and beans. Sometimes it is on a separate plate, sometimes it isn't.
Got it. :)
So you like your Gringo tacos! :laughing:
::yes::
Well when is that? :confused3
My brain hasn't said yet.
But I'd know if was you....I was guessing you were crashing on the couch like all my other Disney friends who come to visit.
cover blown!

Riggghhhttt- just wasn't sure if there was a dog in there too

That's why we get one of each! You still get the dog, but you also get the cheesy goodness.

Yum, I remember that receipe, might have to make it for a tv dinner night

I need to add it back in the rotation. I've added so many good new recipes over the last year, I'm finally missing the old standards.

That would be way too filling I think...well the stuff I'd want to have

I don't think there is a choice of what to get. You get the Chicken at Plaza Inn and Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans.

Go big or go home apparently with that guy

Or something.... 🙄

I'm guessing they aren't limiting numbers in there anymore

Good question. Since the structure is open, they don't know if you're going to the parks or DTD.

We had a pub dinner the other night..I was def missing holding a menu..it was a scanner too.

I'm hoping when they pull the band-aid off June 15 some of this comes back.

Yum, I think I might make enchiladas this weekend- i love ench sauce.

I like mine with a green Chile sauce when I make them at home.

Is that the cookie bottom right? Looks ginormous!

Yes, and yes.

Very nice! The polo seems very Fran

She rocks a polo shirt.

Yum! Was it soft-ish?

Ish. It wasn't crispy, but it wasn't soft baked.

I love marshmallow wands, especially when there is caramel under the chocolate

I feel gypped at WDW. The only place that they have Caramel is Karamel Kuche.

We are splitters too, I would not be ok if I didn't at least get a bite!

Totally!

Let us in, let us innnnn!!!

Gah! Totally ruined the trip. Way to go, Alison.

Even if you did, it would be Disney Cat Puke®.

I like what you did there!

"May I join you tonight?"

Yeah dude, you're getting just a tad bit too friendly....

It really helps when you need to clean the Disney Cat Puke®.

I like that one.

I'll just have to wait six months until I can wear it. Not the season for sleeves.

NO! Why do they feel the need to ruin perfectly good cookies like that?

I don't know. And it didn't even come with a warning.

Glorious view! Love all the lights.

Me too! :teeth:

I can only imagine!

Sadly we won't be back staying in the hotel anymore this year.

We left off where Fran and I had checked into the Villas at the Grand Californian, and after a hearty dinner we went to sleep.

I woke up a few times in the night, but slept well overall. The final time that I woke was at 6:32. I needed to be conscious and on the Disneyland app at 7AM to secure a boarding group for RotR.

I ended up getting Group 51, which meant I wouldn't be riding until sometime after 11AM. I watched a bit of the news and then took my shower and bath. I made coffee and sat in bed cooling off, updating TR notes and such.

I decided to have breakfast and get dressed shortly thereafter.

Even though both of us had the Boarding Group, Fran decided she should rest up for the evening, so I headed out on my own. I’m not sure how many of you are familiar with California’s guidelines for opening, but there are four Tiers, Purple (worst infections), Red (still not so great), Orange (getting better), and Yellow (Almost there). Well at this time Orange County was still in the Orange tier but they were approaching the standards to move to Yellow. I think they had to maintain an infection rate under 2% for an entire week to be able to move forward. At that point, Disney could go from 25% capacity to 35% capacity. As I entered the park, I already noticed that there were more people than when I had been there a week ago.

I decided that this morning I would try to save the Galaxy, so I started off in Tomorrowland.

Normally I’ll park my scooter underneath that window for riding Tomorrowland attractions, however, as you can see the queue now extends into that space, so I found another location to park.

My first quest in saving the Galaxy began with Star Tours.

These plexiglass shields separated different parties, and they were only seating people in rows 1, 3, and 5.

After we escaped the droid trying to get the Rebel Spy, we entered a Pod Race, and then escaped a bounty hunter trying to kill us, but we prevailed.

Then I was thrust into a fast-paced Space Journey through the stars and other galaxies.

They were only seating like parties in one car, so two parties for each set of cars.

It was time to head to Battu, so I hopped onto my trusty ship that I had parked next to this edible foliage. I remember when they redid Tomorrowland (like 20 or so years ago) and they put in actual vegetables and such. I wonder if security has busted any guests for eating the flora.

My trusty transportation device brought me past this mystical Castle

And this maiden in dis dress.

Shortly thereafter I found myself at the outpost of Battu ready to sign up as a smuggler for Hondo.

I waited in the body of the ship,

Here I am before taking my place as pilot.

I was hampered by a lack of crew behind me and only got one load of coaxium.

Finally I decided to join the Resistance.

The line here was long, and you can see that the social distanced queue stretched almost all the way back to Critter Country.

Many of you may know I tried a couple weeks ago, and this time I had much of the same result.

Feeling satisfied with my accomplishments of the day so far, I headed back to the room to see how Fran was doing.

On my way, I noticed a plaid who had become the “handler” for these little ones.

I thought about getting a Mickey Macaron on my way out, I checked the app and they were there so I figured I’d come back after I checked on Fran.

While it had looked pretty crowded in the morning, Main Street was fairly empty when I left at noon.

She was still sleeping but was interested in some food. I had given her some of the V8 and Berry smoothie that I had for breakfast, but that was it. I made her an English Muffin with peanut butter on half and cream cheese on the other.

Once she was fed and awake I thought about that Mickey Macaron. I opened the app and it was gone! :eek: They must have sold out of them.

I’ll be back later with our evening.

I don't think there is a choice of what to get. You get the Chicken at Plaza Inn and Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans.

I agree! With fries at CO!

I like mine with a green Chile sauce when I make them at home.

Do you make the sauce? I like green chile sauce, but it's not easy to buy here and I've never tried making it

She rocks a polo shirt.

Ya she does!

As I entered the park, I already noticed that there were more people than when I had been there a week ago.

Whoa that is getting busier!

These plexiglass shields separated different parties, and they were only seating people in rows 1, 3, and 5.

Plexiglass everywhere hey!

Rebel Spy

Was there still a rebel spy chosen?

Just chillin' alone! So casual!

I remember when they redid Tomorrowland (like 20 or so years ago) and they put in actual vegetables and such. I wonder if security has busted any guests for eating the flora.

Pretty sure I remember my dad picking an orange from a tree at DL when I was a kid and giving it to us :lmao:

One of my favs :lovestruc

Pretty good for flying solo!

I actually really like doing this too- different things on different halves

Ah. I guess I'm more.....High maintenance
I'm a dude. We're like... get up... smell clothes... not overly rank? Wear same and leave. Maybe brush teeth. Maybe not. How much of a rush am I in or how lazy do I feel?
Well tell it to get it together!
It's not listening!
(It never does.)
The final time that I woke was at 6:32. I needed to be conscious and on the Disneyland app at 7AM to secure a boarding group for RotR.
Ah.
Disney is not for those who want a slow sedate vacation.

Well, it can be... but then the slow part comes from standing in long lines.
I ended up getting Group 51, which meant I wouldn't be riding until sometime after 11AM.
Not bad!
I decided to have breakfast and get dressed shortly thereafter.
There's the V8!
And that smoothie looks interesting.
I’m not sure how many of you are familiar with California’s guidelines for opening, but there are four Tiers, Purple (worst infections), Red (still not so great), Orange (getting better), and Yellow (Almost there)
Had no idea.
As I entered the park, I already noticed that there were more people than when I had been there a week ago.
Can see that.

Not sure if that's a good thing... or an annoying thing. :laughing:

(Of course it's good as it signals a return to normalcy.)
I decided that this morning I would try to save the Galaxy
:)
Have a bowl of cereal then save the Galaxy.
Wonder if our landfills are going to be filled with plexiglass soon?
After we escaped the droid trying to get the Rebel Spy, we entered a Pod Race, and then escaped a bounty hunter trying to kill us, but we prevailed.
What a harrowing experience!
You look so... alone, there.
I hopped onto my trusty ship that I had parked next to this edible foliage. I remember when they redid Tomorrowland (like 20 or so years ago) and they put in actual vegetables and such. I wonder if security has busted any guests for eating the flora.
Heh. Saves on dining costs.
Nicely done. :thumbsup2
Here I am before taking my place as pilot.
I thought you found pilot too stressful?
Wait... you were all by yourself?!?!? No other crew at all?
The line here was long, and you can see that the social distanced queue stretched almost all the way back to Critter Country.
Whoa.

And yet... you'd think with the boarding groups they could prevent that.
On my way, I noticed a plaid who had become the “handler” for these little ones.
:lmao:
She was still sleeping but was interested in some food.
Fran is my spirit animal.
Once she was fed and awake I thought about that Mickey Macaron. I opened the app and it was gone! :eek: They must have sold out of them.
Well shoot!

I was a few updates behind, but I am just LOVING your report here - all the pictures transport me to Disneyland!! So wonderful.

I began packing on Sunday for our Wednesday-Friday stay. I felt very out of practice. We had not stayed overnight outside our own house in 430 nights. Even though I have an entire dresser devoted to items that we pack on trips, I wasn't sure I was prepared. We had both robbed our travel bathroom bags of deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner over the course of the past year. Normally I trade those items out when I replace my daily use items, that way the bathroom bags always have the freshest hygiene products, but not knowing when we would travel again, I didn't bother to replace them. Until this week when we really needed to pack!

This made me tear up! It's been such a long haul, hasn't it? The normalcy that is returning is such a mix of a little scary, a bit unknown / foreign feeling, and a WHOLE LOT of excitement!

I missed this view!

Gorgeous. I love the Grand. I'm not sure I love that new fabric in the lobby.... but, oh well.

It was time to head to Battu, so I hopped onto my trusty ship that I had parked next to this edible foliage. I remember when they redid Tomorrowland (like 20 or so years ago) and they put in actual vegetables and such. I wonder if security has busted any guests for eating the flora.

I had no idea!! I can totally see a family chilling there, grabbing carrots out of the ground to go with their packed sandwiches. :rotfl:

LOL!!! Love it.

Hi Fran- I'm loving this trip report! I usually lurk but don't comment. :fish:

Do you happen to have recommendations for newbies who want to rent points to stay at the Villa's at Grand Californian (we do not own DVC)? Your room looks amazing there! Any resources, websites, or tips would be appreciated!

My husband and I want to stay there for our honeymoon in early December (we got married last summer via Zoom...covid, man!). The regular rooms are so expensive- around $650/night for a standard room without a view, wowzers! Anyways, I looked at the Villa's on the Dave's Disney Vacation Club website, and we could get a 1-bedroom villa for the same price for our 3 night trip. However, I'm not sure if there is actual availability on those dates (we'd have to lock it down and make a deposit for Dave's to check), the entire cost is non-refundable so nothing better happen to us beforehand hah, and we want to ensure the park and restaurants have fully reopened before visiting. It's hard to predict what the parks will look like this December.

On a related note, do you think the hotels might offer any type of discount or promo code (Ie. 10% off, or buy 3 nights get a 4th free), by December?

I daresay that'd be a lot for most. Both are heavy meals. But.... sigh... A Cristo with Pomme Frites... I neeeeeeed this.

Well, thank God for that. :laughing:
As soon as we got in the room, we called for the bags. We scored on the view, second best view for a one bedroom unit. I shot some pictures while waiting for the Bellman.

view of perfection.
but Fran pointed out that we saved 5 bucks on tipping the tableside guacamole maker.

Holy guacamole! That sure looks good but I'd get spicy WITH the green stuffs. ;)

The Hearthstone wasn't all that busy either.

Quite possibly my 3rd favorite lounge at DLR.

I noticed that with you a few years ago. I kinda like it, but miss the marigolds they used to put in TLand that I associate with Disney from when I was a kid.

Yeah, I think being alone on that one would really mess up the results.
While it had looked pretty crowded in the morning, Main Street was fairly empty when I left at noon.

What a heavenly view!! Gosh I'd love to be on Main Street when it was like that.
Dang it!! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter