For people who rent condos/houses on trips

Status
Not open for further replies.

epcotty

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company
This is an instructional post with things you really should do, as you will have neighbors who actually live and own right next to you during your trip.
1. If you're going to be there for a really long time, tell everyone around you when you'll be checking out. This should apply to even over a week, but especially if it's going to be something like a month. Otherwise if those around you find you annoying, they might see no end in sight and rearrange their life because of you as much as they can, including making really important decisions based on their annoyance with you and/or others like you. If others before you were annoying too, especially if both the previous tenants and you are there for a long time, and you're there close to the time of each other, this can happen.
2. Follow all policies of where you are and try to be thoughtful, considerate, and respectful of others in general and of others' safety. If you have dogs with you (especially if it's a condo), try to not let them rush near the door and bark every time they hear anything. This is really off-putting and makes the owners feel uncomfortable and welcome, especially if your dogs might attack (try to not bring attack dogs on trips). Always have them on leashes before leaving your door. When you're away, have them behind another door in the place if possible. Try to always go the easiest way out when taking them for walks. If you smoke, don't do so outside excessively.
I'll add to this if I can think of more, but if you follow this, you should get along well with neighbors during your trip. Otherwise they might really resent you and it might ruin an otherwise nice complex for them.

Last edited:
I'm going to close this, as it doesn't pertain to Disney resorts.

If you'd like to discuss offsite condo and home rentals, they're discussed on the Orlando Hotels & Attractions board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!