For all you Ohana fans...

maslex

DIS Veteran
Sorry, I meant Ohana's NOT Jiko. Please read if you've been to Ohana's.

I'd like to try restaurants that we haven't been to yet and one of them is Ohana's. I'm pretty sure I would enjoy going (I'm not fussy) But I have a fussy husband. His basics are spaghetti/meatballs and meat/mashed potatoes.

He does like meat but I'm worried that the meats at Ohana's might have funky flavors to it (think different spices and such) My oldest son would probably eat a couple things here and there but I can't even imagine my youngest son even remotely stepping foot in a place like this LOL (not a big meat eater AT ALL)

How well do you think we would fare in this restaurant? What else do they serve with the meat skewers? Thanks!!!

The meat is not funky flavors at all, more grilled flavor. I am picky and I like it. They have delicious shrimp, too. They serve salad, bread, noodles, vegetables...and it is all tasty in my opinion. The dessert is delicious.

The food here was AMAZING!!! Even my 8 year DD loved it! The skewers were delicious! I think I remember having grilled shrimp, beef, pork & turkey!

We also had a tossed green salad, with a citrus dressing (I asked for receipe, it was soooo good), a warm bread, lo mein noodles, fresh steamed broccoli or green beans (I can't remember which), pot stickers, and I think one more thing...but can't remember what! I think it is 8 courses!

It was my second favorite meal of our trip last summer....and it was a new spot for us!!! I don't think you will be disappointed!!!

I loved it, DH not too thrilled with it. He prefers the Kona wings to Ohana, didnt like the turkey at all. I would go back but he will not.

OMG I don't know any man that would not love Ohanas. It is the best. The flavors are not funky at all. Ohanas is my husbands favorite, my dad's and my BF fiance. They all love it.

We loved it there, and we're not big meat eaters.

The salad was great, as were the sides. And there was so much to choose from, even though it's a pre-set meal. Then they bring out the grilled meats -- just regular tasting, and quite good.

The nice thing is that you can ask for more of whatever you like, whether it's the bread, appetizers, salad, meat, or dessert.

For us, the dessert was our favorite at WDW -- so good! It comes with vanilla ice cream, so you can just get that for the kids if they prefer.

There are also kids meal choices there -- they dont advertise it but if you ask they have the standard kids' offerings. However, I think the regular food is a much better deal and there are so many things to choose from that no-one would leave hungry.

It's definitely worth a try!:)

I wanted to mention that my mom eats no meat at all...they brought her a bowl of buttered noodles and a huge fruit plate. So you could mention it, and get something special ordered for you DH. They're very accomodating there.

I think you get kids food items from Kona. Call WDW dining and ask to be connected to 'Ohana 24 hours before your ADR.
See if you can get a Kona kids meal -

Kids' Complete Meals
Grilled Fish of the Day served with whole-grain pilaf, veggies, and yogurt parfait
or
Grilled Chicken Strips with macaroni topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella, served with veggies and fruit salad
or ala cart....
Hot Dog
or
Hamburger
or
Macaroni and Cheese

Just got back from WDW on 1/18. First time eating at ohana and definitely not our last. We had salad and bread. this was followed by wings and pork dumplings. They then bring noodles, steamed veg, turkey, pork, steak, and shrimp. It was fabulous!! My favorite was the bread pudding with caramel and banana sauce. The best part of eating there was we were able to watch the MK fireworks from the restaurant and they played the same music they do in the park!! Find out what time the park closes and make the reservation an hour before and you should be safe.

I'll be the dissenting voice.

My dd11 and I went over christmas. She's a big meat eater, and loves most asian food. But she prefers rice to noodles. I'm a good meat eater, love noodles.

The salad was to die for. I liked the wings, my dd liked them, but didn't like that they were so sticky. I loved the potstickers, but she didn't eat them. She will eat bread, but not with pineapple. As for the meats, we both like flavored meats, but didn't like the ones at O'Hana. The steak had a strange texture. The turkey was good, especially in the peanut sauce. The pork was as dry as a bone. And the shrimp were kind of mealy. Neither of us liked the noodles or the broccoli, it was way too oversauced.

My dd used to be a really picky eater, but is pretty adventurous now. She just didn't like it that much. I thought it was ok, but was really disappointed in the meats. I think that they tasted kind of burnt, even though they weren't, because of the fire-roasting.

This was my favorite meal on our last trip. Everything was so good. The best part of the meal was the dessert. It was delicious. They do have kids choices, mine had a hot dog and french fries and vanilla ice cream for dessert. The kids had fun with the coconut races and the parade with the maracas.

I would HIGHLY recommend O'Hana's. The food is great! Like the previous posters mentioned the meats are amazing but they offer so many other delicious things that you definitely can't go wrong there. My DD (7) and DS (4) loved the food there too. It's one of our favs at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter