• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For a first trip, three days, which parks?

fljelad

Mouseketeer
If you wanted to visit three parks on three consecutive days, which three would you choose. Keep in mind that you have a 7 year old boy and a 44 year old "boy" :teeth: with you and you KNOW you are going to leave one park out.

Which three parks and what order would you see them?

We are doing three days end of April (which includes my 9 year old dd)
1) Epcot - just because it's the flower and garden show.
2) Magic Kingdom
3) MGM

We figured it was too hot to do AK, and my mom needs to use a wheelchair, so that's another reason we chose to eliminate AK. Now if we decide to stay the extra day, then AK will be added

I asked my 11 year old son (who has veto power over 50 yr old Dad!) and he said:

1) Magic Kingdom
2) Animal Kingdom
3) MGM
It was really tough for him to decide on leaving out Epcot (he loves Test Track, Mission: Space, Immagination, Living Seas, etc.) but he has come to absolutely LOVE Animal Kingdom.

MK will always be #1.

Personally my family would do:

1) MK
2) MGM
3) Epcot

mostly because we are not huge fans of AK.

However, if you wanted to, you could get a taste of Animal Kingdom and Epcot on the same day, since AK opens early, and most of Epcot is not open until almost noon.

Z

zordude said:
However, if you wanted to, you could get a taste of Animal Kingdom and Epcot on the same day, since AK opens early, and most of Epcot is not open until almost noon.

If I had to leave one park out it would be MGM, but this idea of splitting the day at AK/Epcot is a great one and is very doable.

went 3 days in Jan with 5 yo and 35 yo "boys"
we did
1. Epcot
2. MK
3. AK

(day 3 was EMH at AK...we only stayed at AK until @ 1 then hoped over to MK for the next 6 or so hours...)

Don't overlook Epcot...this was my 5 y.o.'s FAVORITE park (go figure :confused3 )

My family has done 3 day trips several times. We don't usually skip a park, but if we do it is DAK. Our schedule is:

Day one MK
Day two MGM
Day three DAK/EPCOT

You can do it! :crowded: Squeeze it in!

Epcot
AK
MK (I'd save the best for last)

BTW: Out of these 3 AK is my least favorite park and I would sandwich it between the 2 I like better. If this were really me, I'd skip AK and do 2 days of MK and 1 Epcot. Or, I'd be at AK before opening, hit the hilights and hop to MGM for the headliners and Fantasmic. If you have the park hopping option and chose AK over MGM, I'd still hop to MGM for Fantasmic.

MK
Epcot
AK/MGM...I think both can be done in one day if needed.

I think Epcot is too big (geographically) to split it with another park that day. There is so much walking, and you'd never see it all in a half day, and you'd be exhausted.

If you skip one park altogether, I'd skip AK...it's a really neat park, but doesn't have as many attractions, so I wouldn't miss the other 3 parks.

While there are no right or wrong answers and we are just sort of "winging it", I am gratified to see that one other person has listed the itinerary that we are most likely to go with...Epcot, MK, AK. And when it is all said and done, we probably will squeeze MGM in but we're going to plan for three. (Both DH and DS are science/nature geeks!) :)

I hope they won't be disappointed. WHile we enjoy AK (Tough to be a Bug, Lion King) our local zoo is as good if not better as a purely animal park. I think you'll be able to hit all 4 in three days with just a little planning.

I don't know about everyone else, but I couldn't pass by MGM on any Disney trip. If you don't have much time, just do the front part (Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, and catch Fantasmic in the evening if you possibly can); there are lots of other great parts in farther back, too, but I would say those three are a "don't miss." :earseek:

1.) MK
2.) Epcot
3.) MGM / AK

What our trip would look like, because we tend to hop.....

1.) MK / Epcot
2.) MGM /AK
3.) Epcot / MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter