For $10,000, Woman Tattoos Ad on Forehead

Chicago526

<font color=red>Any dream will do...<br><font colo
:earseek:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=895793

For $10,000, Utah Woman Has Forehead Tattooed With Web Address of a Gambling Site

By The Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY Jun 30, 2005 — For $10,000, Kari Smith has gone ahead and had her forehead tattooed with the Web address of a gambling site.

Bountiful, 30, who sold her unusual advertising space on eBay, said the money will give her 11-year-old son a private education, which she believes he needs after falling behind in school.

"For the all the sacrifices everyone makes, this is a very small one," she said. "It's a small sacrifice to build a better future for my son," she said.

Mellody Hobson: Take Stock Before Retiring
Bank of America to Buy MBNA in $35B Deal
Latest Market Details

"To everyone else, it seems like a stupid thing to do. To me, $10,000 is like $1 million. I only live once, and I'm doing it for my son," she said.

Tattoo artist Don Brouse said he and his staff spent nearly seven hours Wednesday trying to talk Smith out of putting "GoldenPalace.com" above her face. When he did go through with it, he kept the inch-tall letters close to her hairline, where bangs or a hat could provide some cover.

Smith's eBay auction attracted more than 27,000 hits and 1,000 watchers. Bidding reached $999.99 before Goldenpalace.com, an Internet gambling company in the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake, Canada, met Smith's $10,000 asking price.

Chicago526 said:
"To everyone else, it seems like a stupid thing to do. To me, $10,000 is like $1 million. I only live once, and I'm doing it for my son," she said.

uummm...$10k vs $1mil.

$10k is like a million? ok...that $10k ain't gonna last you long sweetheart...hope bangs look good on you.

:confused3

I can't imagine that 10 grand is going to pay for more than a semester (a year tops) of private school!

Tattoos are a fad for the young and foolish. Ten years from now most people who got one will be going to a doctor for painful laser removal treatments.

If I want to change how I look, I get a new haircut or clothes, nothing that is forever!

$10,000 would be like $10.00 to me. No way would I put one on my forehead.
That is just crazy.

Is there a time limit to this, so she can get it removed at some point?

I must say that Golden Palace is genius for coming up with this idea - they'll get millions of dollars of advertising for their small investment of $10,000.

She must be very desperate for this money :guilty:

questioner said:
Tattoos are a fad for the young and foolish. Ten years from now most people who got one will be going to a doctor for painful laser removal treatments.

If I want to change how I look, I get a new haircut or clothes, nothing that is forever!

what?

first off - getting a tattoo ON YOUR FOREHEAD and getting one on your arm/leg/back/stomach is somethign totally different.

I have a tattoo on my back...I debated on this tattoo for over 10 years. I finally decided to get it when I was 26. It's not visible unless I'm wearing low pants or a bathingsuit. My tattoo means something to me...it reminds me of a time in my life...and I will never regret it.

Besides - now I'm easy to identify in a morgue.

but thanks for basically calling me (and everyone else with a tattoo) foolish.

stinkerbelle said:
Besides - now I'm easy to identify in a morgue.

:rotfl:

Now THERE'S a great argument to get one. I'm 29 and my mom still tells me that if I get a tattoo she'll disown me. I'll have to try that line on her the next time we get on the subject! :teeth:

Chicago526 said:
:rotfl:

Now THERE'S a great argument to get one. I'm 29 and my mom still tells me that if I get a tattoo she'll disown me. I'll have to try that line on her the next time we get on the subject! :teeth:

well it's true! Tattoos are permanent and are GREAT identifying marks. ("Things I learned by watching CSI:")

all my DH has to do if the morgue calls is ask "is there a martini above her butt? Ok - that's my wife"

I don't understand her reasoning. One day she will tire of it and it will cost more than $10, 000 to remove it :confused3

Sorry, but it would take a lot more than $10,000 bucks to make me do that to my face! :earseek:

To me, it's just sad that $10,000 is worth that much to this woman. With the way things are, $10,000 will hardly get you ANYTHING. Let alone a full education at a private school for her son. It's just pathetic, really.

We should all run out and buy stock in Cover Girl. You know she's going to have to cake that stuff on to cover up the tattoo!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter