FOP strategy with 4 kids (2 can't ride) and probably no FP

MelSettle

Earning My Ears
Just looking for some recommendations for how to tackle FOP. We are going on a short trip in March and the FP window will only be a 2-day window so I am assuming we won't get a FP. Our party is:

Mom
Dad
Daughter - 10
Daughter - 8
Son - 4
Daughter - 1

I know we will have to rope drop. Last fall my oldest daughter and I went for a short trip for her birthday and we were there at rope drop and waited for about an hour. The wait was so worth it though and we LOVED it! I am fine with another rope drop but also kind of scared. When we did it before, there was a sooooo many people crowded up waiting for Pandora to open. I can't imagine doing this with a stroller or without a stroller with my 4 and 1 year old. But, we all have to be in line in order to get a rider swap, correct? I really want my husband and daughters to be able to ride for sure since my husband has never rode it......and I reallllllly want to ride again, but maybe it isn't a good idea with the little ones? Any suggestions?

Here is a picture of the line when we rope dropped in October:IMG_5476 (2).jpg

Yes, you'll have to show the little one(s) in order to get Rider Switch.

And rope drop would be your shortest wait time (since the alternative of just before closing time wouldn't make a Rider Switch possible).

Are you able to get your FPs 60 days out? When I did our FPs two days ago, there were FoP FPs available for our 60+1 day. So maybe you'll get lucky if you're online at 7am sharp ET 60 days out....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter