Food Suggestions for Tokyo Dining

DisneyWalle

DIS Veteran
My family will be trying the Tokyo Dining restaurant for the first time in September and our exposure to Japanese cuisine is fairly limited. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be good to try? I would love to hear what you and your family enjoyed.

Please note that I have tried sushi (not a big fan). Not to sure if the person who prepared it knew what they were doing. I might be willing to give it another try.

It was our favorite meal last trip. They go over the top with service. My dh had sushi and said it was the best he has had in a long time(and he gets his in NYC) I (not a sushi fan) got the Tempura- I did shrimp and scallop and they were fantastic! Light tempura batter. mmm If you are not a sushi fan the tempura here is very very good!

Hi! It was also our fave meal last trip. I had the spicy salmon or spicy tuna philly roll. I can't remember which it is. Also I had the California roll. Both were unbelievable. Ever since then we we get sushi in town, I always ask DH why can't it be as good as Disney!!? He had Tempora Shrimp. It was so good. I had to try it. It comes with Tempora veggies, seaweed salad (very good) and steamed rice. You can get a refill on the rice. The servers worked extra hard to keep my cranky DS happy. It was a late ADR that we made the day of and DS needed to go to bed. They brought him a origami crane and a toy. I couldn't have asked for a better meal on our last night at Disney!!

My family will be trying the Tokyo Dining restaurant for the first time in September and our exposure to Japanese cuisine is fairly limited. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be good to try? I would love to hear what you and your family enjoyed.

Please note that I have tried sushi (not a big fan). Not to sure if the person who prepared it knew what they were doing. I might be willing to give it another try.

I am a big fan of the resturant but not a big fan of Japaneese for or Chineese food. That goes for anywhere. I am a very plain eater. But since I love this place I get steak & shrimp. It's great!

Like the op, I too don't have much experiance with sushi. (I live in the middle of the lower *****ula in Michigan!). In April my husband and I visited his sister in Phoenix and we finally were able to experance sushi. It was wonderful. Okay, Okay, this is about Disney not Phoenix, but I still think I can help. The first key is look on the menu for the resturant on this board in the menu section. It will give you an idea on what they have and a few pictures. I would suggest you stay with anything that says "roll" and avoid anything that says "sashimi". That is raw fish. I looked on the menu and here are my humble suggestions: Appetizers- assorted tempura. The whole family should like that. You and your husband might like the Edamame. Its kinda like a bean pod only its steamed. You eat it by biting the end and pulling the bean toward your mouth with you teeth. Sounds weird but it taste pretty good. (You throw away the pod itself)
For entrees you can't go wrong with Philadelphia Rolls, California Rolls, and Rainbow Rolls. If it is like the sushi place I visited you order as you go along. I hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

Hi! I am going here for the first time in Nov...so I am interested in the responses as well. Thanks!

If you are hestitant about trying sushi, try the tempura. It is various fried items but the batter is lighter.

The "breaded deep fried"/Japanese Cutlet Style is a heavier breading mor like southern fried chicken type coating

The "Japanese-style grill" is like Benihana or other Japanese steakhouse type restaurants.

Having said that, The sushi at Tokyo dining is excellent ans some of it is cooked types.

My husband and I love Japanese food. We have never had the noodles that come with the entres at teppan edo has anyone else had them?

:laundy: Me :mickeyjum :DH :happytv: DS princess: DD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter