food ordering question...

Gupsmom

<font color=009999>The Tag Fairy works in mysterio
I've cruised 3 times before but always with Carnival. On Carnival the food is pretty much all you can eat. If you want to try 2 appetizers you can order 2 without a problem. Is this the same policy on Disney? I'd hate to order 2 appetizers (it's so hard to choose) and looked at funny or told I couldn't.

Jess

You sure can, Jess! Sometimes even if you ask about one or choose the other, you get both! :)

Enjoy!
Cathy

However, depending upon the server, they may not "volunteer" that information. However, just order what you want and there should be no problem.

You can order as much food as you want. My DF couldn't decide two entrees so our server brought both of them out for you to eat.

My DH routinely orders two apps, an entree, and sometimes a dessert...AND to make it worse, he never gains weight.

Have fun!
Ginny
:p

Every time I expressed indecision, our server would bring me both items! As a result, I really overdid it a few times!
2 appetizers, 2 entrees... even 2 desserts sometimes!:crazy:

Don't worry, you won't go hungry!!

'Beano'

I didn't know until our third cruise that I could order double appetizers! Since I don't eat desserts very often, and always have a hard time choosing appetizers, this is wonderful.
Also, I know my son (7) will have some appetizers since they are small sized - he keeps asking for those spicy chicken wings and pot stickers!!!!

Rae

Don't be afraid to ask for something special either.

DH is Indian, and on the first night, we ordered our regular entrees but asked for a taste of the vegetarian vegetable curry. It was yummy, and after that our server brought curries as an extra treat, including an outstanding chicken curry that never appeared on the menu (Thanks Raj!.) I also routinely order dessert off the kids menu (Mickey Ice Cream Bar.)

Your server may even get to know you so well he/she knows the choice you made will be disappointing. Our servers Elle and Igusti made recommendations everynight and I always accepted the suggestion..except once. Sure enough, I didn't care for it. Igusti had the 'recommendation' ready for me!!

Rae...my son 18 also loves those jerk spice chicken wings. Our servers brought him out a whole platter instead of a few smaller plates. He must of ate about 30 of them at one sitting!!!

As you can see in the picture he has three appetizer plates in front of him. He is not shy when it comes to asking for food!!!LOL

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48196942/48732570vGQCjJ

The wait staff was more than willing to oblige in any way they could!!!

MJ

Wow! He is really handsome, MJ!!! And that plate of wings doesn't look too shabby either!!!

Rae

Thank you Rae....it was pretty funny when we were in Carlos and Charlie he was picked up by a 23 year old....he is only 18. It was quite an ego boost!!!

MJ

Now that's a definite ego boost!! How did he like the rest of the cruise? As a young adult, I wondered if he felt out of place at all.
I have tried and tried to talk my 22 year old into cruising for 2 years now and he refuses - says he wouldn't fit in between the kids and their parents. I think it would work out if he put forth the effort to be friendly - but maybe that's just his excuse because I won't invite his "significant other" with us. (I'd use her as fish bait first!)

Rae

Hi, Rae & MJ--

It's interesting to see you two chatting! Speaking as someone who has enjoyed cruising with you both, I think you'd enjoy meeting each other in person sometime.

Hope you and your families are well.

Karen

Well, well, Miss Karen - how are things with you, Ed and darling Riker?!

We miss you! You do need to chat with us sometime, you know!

We are doing great here, Ed's little buddy has gotten another bout of the "high fever, sore throat, coughing crud". And my life has been ever so "pleasant"!!!!!

Mom is doing very well and sends her regards. I haven't hooked up with any dining buddies for May, August or October but I have hopes!!! What are you and Ed doing those weeks anyway?!! HINT
HINT

Remember Casket Queen - well, she's still around.

So you know MJ too, ehhhhhhh? Karen, darling, you do get around!! Now come on our cruise, okay?!

Love,
Rae

Rae and Karen.....

I will now start my rendition of .....IT'S A SAMLL DIS WORLD AFTER ALL.....IT'S A SMALL DIS WORLD AFTER ALL!!!! AND SO ON AND SO ON!!!

Rae, I can't believe you are going again....you are as bad as me!!! Karen sailed with us last August and it was great!!!!

Brian loves the DCL cruise and does not feel out of place at all!!! My DD19 and DD15 also love it. We have been cruising on the Magic since the Maiden Voyage of her back on July 30th 1998 so they practically grew up over the last five years onboard!!! They went through all the clubs and now the two older ones LOVE the adult clubs onboard...they always meet people and have a blast.

When we sail this May, Brian 18 and Allie 15 will not be able to join us....can't miss any more school. My DD19 Keri will join us along with her college roomate....they again will have a great time!!!

So, Karen....how about 5/17????? It's my birthday, you know on that day...what better way to celebrate.......great rates, if you know what I mean!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48196942/48732623ZxIcQm

MJ

We need to plan a Karen/MJ/Rae cruise, ladies!

Rae

Hi Rae.

because I won't invite his "significant other" with us. (I'd use her as fish bait first!)

I didn't know your son was now dating my ex!

I haven't hooked up with any dining buddies for May, August or October but I have hopes!!!

WHICH August sailing? We are going to be on the August 16th Magic...

I'd probably take your ex over his current one, Buckaroo's Dad!!!!
And fish bait is the kindest thing I have to say about her - that doesn't say much about his taste in women, does it?! Where did his father and I go wrong?!!!!! Ohhh, I know, DH explained it to me "hormones"!

I remembered you were going in August - due to school beginning in mid August, we have to go on Aug 2 this time. Hey, at least we are getting closer to cruising together!

Still going to try for 2004 - let's plan that one better, okay?!
Regards to family~!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter