Food on the flight?

MickeyMonstersMom

DIS Veteran
We leave the house at 7:30 and arrive in Orlando at 3:00. Since our flights do not include meals - and we don't have time to eat when changing planes - I know we are going to need to bring food. Problem is, what can we bring? Sandwiches would be ideal, but I can't see them making it through the security checks. Carrot sticks in a baggie should be OK, right? Or am I limited to prepackaged, unhealthy snack foods? Thanks for the input.

In 72 hours, we'll be in the air!

Lori

Bring anything you want, but don't put it in a soft sided container that can get squished between other people's suitcases.

Also avoid bringing liquids. Liquids are simply heavy to schlep around.

There are plenty of water fountains in the airport and drinks are still served on the plane.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Food will get by security. Knives will not so be sure your sandwichs etc. are premade.

I fly United a lot and they've begun recommending that you bring your own snacks/food on most of their flights. Even when they serve a "meal" in coach, it's not much more than a small pocket sandwich and a soft drink.

I usually grab a sandwich at the airport or make one at home. usually tell Security about it -- never had a problem.

We've actually bought pizza/burgers at the airport and carried it onto the plane with us, with permission of course. This didn't seem to be a problem at all. They even let us carry on our drinks. Of course, that was pre-9/11. Has anyone else done this? Also, this was at vendors located after passing through security checkpoints.

You may want to check out the airport's website. We normally fly out of Philadelphia and they have several shops that have boxed meals that are made to take on the flights with you! Personally I have not tried it but I think it may be something new that they are experimenting with. Maybe someone else has heard of this and has more info. I think it's a great idea, just one less thing to have to worry about!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter