• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food in suitcase

Princess Erin

DIS Veteran
Does anyone take food items in an extra suitcase. I am talking about granola bars, peanut butter and things like that. We have a late arrival and no car to get to the store.

I think this will be o.k. Thanks.

Expect to have it opened and searched--many of those items look like explsoives in the x-ray machine. Also keep an eye on the weight--things like that add up in weight quickly, and you will be charged $50 if it's over 50 pounds.

Anne

We bring food in an extra suitcase every trip - then for the trip home you have room for all the goodies you bought on vacation

We have also done this before with no problem. We have never had a piece of luggage opened by security. If you do it with a smaller piece of luggage you shouldn't have a weight problem. Last year we filled a carryon size bag with food items and checked it. It made it to WDW in great shape and we had room for souvenirs on the way home.

Thank you all for the help. Just concerned about the arrival at the AKL and not sure what time Mara is closing these days, anyone?

Happy Holidays.

I am going to try the small suitcase with snack thing. Does anyone know what time Mara at AKL closes?

Thank you to all. Happy Holidays

Mara was open from 6 am to 11:30 pm when we stayed at AKL in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter