Food Festivals

Matt@WDWR

Mouseketeer
Anybody have a great food festival near them that they love going to? I like driving down from the Atlanta area to St. George Island and going to the annual Chili cook off. My God, I think I would have ran an antacid IV right into my blood stream if I knew how. :lmao:

What I really want to find is an amazing Seafood festival in the Georgia/Florida/South Carolina area. I also hear of this corn festival in Wisconsin that I want to try one year.

Any good ones out there?

Not that this helps for this year -- BUT, we spent last weekend at the Charleston Food and Wine festival. They had some incredible events. We attended a charity lunch cooked by Bobby Flay, a beer school and a BrewMaster's dinner. All highly rated! We'll definately be back.

I think its the first weekend in March each year.

It looks like the site is still up, if you want to get an idea of what its about: http://www.charlestonfoodandwine.com/2009/

Not really in the area you stated, but since you said you wanted to go to WI for Corn Fest I thought I'd add my favorite.
Taste of Chicago is an event I go to at least twice every year. It's always around the Fourth of July weekend, usually the weekend before it until the weekend after it. A ton (I'd say around 70) of local restaurants (only one or two chains) set up booths in Grant Park for samples and full sized meals, and the variety of foods is quite amazing. The best part (I think) is that it is a ticket system, so you just pay for your tickets once (if you are smart you do it before the event at Dominick's) and just give the proper amount of tickets to the booths. Much easier, and frankly more fun since you aren't thinking about the money you're spending, just the number of tickets you have.
It can be VERY busy, so do it when it first opens (11am) and stay until about 1pm, after that it gets a bit too tight :crowded:

Yeah, talk about any of your favorites no matter where they are! My wife and I are considering an across country road trip in a couple of years and we want to have some food festivals to stop at on the way. haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter