Food Descriptions at F&W?

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
DH is the MOST picky eater in the history of mankind. Seriously. We're doing F&W next month and although I've shown him the menu at AllEarsNet, the names are so exotic that we can't tell what exactly is in each item. Are there detailed descriptions at each food 'station'? I won't go into the l-o-n-g list of things he refuses to eat. Suffice it to say that eggs, onions and seafood of any kind (shrimp is the ONLY exception and only 2-3 of those at a time) are high on the list. He's not one to give new and exotic things a try. It's really annoying since I'll eat anything once.....and usually like it. Oh yeah, and I have us eating at Boma. He's really excited! NOT.

Hey, it's MY birthday trip. I'm doing what I want to do! It's a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get him to eat things he wouldn't normally.

Thanks!

I don't know about descriptions at the booths, because this year will be my first trip to F&W too! One thing I have done though is to search on google for what the food is. I put in "Spanakopita" for example and it gave me a description of what the food is. It kind of gives you an idea of what the food will be like. I hope that helps a little.

I don't know about descriptions at the booths, because this year will be my first trip to F&W too! One thing I have done though is to search on google for what the food is. I put in "Spanakopita" for example and it gave me a description of what the food is. It kind of gives you an idea of what the food will be like. I hope that helps a little.

I did that a little too. But there are different kinds of these items. You can't tell what exactly will be at F&W. I did find this list of recipes of past F&W items that you may find interesting. I'm not sure they will be of any help for me at F&W but I may be interested in making some of them....scroll down near the bottom of the page......

Food & Wine Festival Recipes:
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/rec.htm

I asked this same question on another thread and someone told me that you can get a cookbook at the festival with all of the recipes for about $10.

There really aren't descriptions of the food at the booths, but they sometimes have a sample out that you can look at before you purchase. Buying the cookbook is also a good idea.

There used to be recipe cards on all the foods served at the stands...I have a few from years back....cannot remember if they still do that

No recipe cards anymore -- they make you buy the cookbook to get the recipes.

Your DH and my partner must be cousins. lol Gabby is just so picky...no veal, no seafood (which is ok, since we just found out that she is horribly allergic to shellfish), no lamb, nothing mildly exotic, no avocado, no onion or garlic (unless well cooked into the dish), and so on. She was going to attempt to be more open minded during our stay and try a few new things, but the no shellfish thing makes it important for her to avoid more stuff than just shellfish, so knowing those dish recipes is going to be critical. We have resigned ourselves to buying the book and then tackling the booths.

Happy planning! lol Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter