Food Customization at CS Restaurants?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place....

I wondered if CS restaurants will customize meals on the regular menu upon request?

Will they omit ingredients from their sandwiches or salads if you have food sensitivities or do they only do that at TS restaurants?

It's not a common thing that would be on an allergy menu, but if they just omit some ingredients, I will be fine.

Thanks!

I have had then not put tomato on food for me ( I break out in hives) so yes if they can they will. now if something is pre-cooked then they might not be able too.

without knowing what food you can not have it is hard to say yes or no.

I have had then not put tomato on food for me ( I break out in hives) so yes if they can they will. now if something is pre-cooked then they might not be able too.

without knowing what food you can not have it is hard to say yes or no.

Thank you. I have to avoid tomatoes, ketchup, some salad dressings, and some fruits including dried cranberries.

These should be ease to have them not put on your foods. You will have to wait a little longer for your food

Thank you! I don't mind waiting as long as it's not a super lengthy time and I can still eat with my family.

Do salads typically come with dressing already on it or on the side?

Thank you! I don't mind waiting as long as it's not a super lengthy time and I can still eat with my family.

Do salads typically come with dressing already on it or on the side?
I bring most of my foods when I go to Disney but the few times I do eat it is at QS places I would say I have to wait maybe 5 minutes, Disney takes food allergies very seriously and not only do I break out in hives but can also turn into anaphylactic too so for me I have to wait no matter how long it takes. As for salad dressing, I think it depends on where you go to eat. When you go to order your food let them know the foods you can not have and ask them to have the salad dressing on the side due to food allergy

You can also look up the menu online and find a place that you do not have to ask them to make something special for you.

Tha
I bring most of my foods when I go to Disney but the few times I do eat it is at QS places I would say I have to wait maybe 5 minutes, Disney takes food allergies very seriously and not only do I break out in hives but can also turn into anaphylactic too so for me I have to wait no matter how long it takes. As for salad dressing, I think it depends on where you go to eat. When you go to order your food let them know the foods you can not have and ask them to have the salad dressing on the side due to food allergy

You can also look up the menu online and find a place that you do not have to ask them to make something special for you.

Thank you! Yes, iveI been researching. I found places that have safe meals but only if I pick out certain ingredients or skip the dressing. Just would prefer not to pick out the food if possible.

You will likely need to ask at each location how their salads are made. If it comes "complete" in a bag, they won't be able to remove ingredients. If the salads are "made fresh" with individual components, they can leave something off. I suspect more salads at CS locations are "complete" but I could be wrong.

In my experience, the dressing is available separate at CS locations. I always ask for dressing on the side at TS.

Enjoy your vacation!

Tha

Thank you! Yes, iveI been researching. I found places that have safe meals but only if I pick out certain ingredients or skip the dressing. Just would prefer not to pick out the food if possible.
You should be fine your food allergies really is not that uncommon, just let them know when you order that you have a food allergy and they will help you, you will just have to wait a little longer, I just wish mobile ordering had a food allergy listing

Y I suspect more salads at CS locations are "complete" but I could be wrong.

!

can not tell you where but I have had two salads at the MK at a qs place and they were able to make one for me without the tomato on it, not sure where this was but it was no problem

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place....

I wondered if CS restaurants will customize meals on the regular menu upon request?

Will they omit ingredients from their sandwiches or salads if you have food sensitivities or do they only do that at TS restaurants?

It's not a common thing that would be on an allergy menu, but if they just omit some ingredients, I will be fine.

Thanks!

It's OK. I have a weird food allergy. I'm allergic to onions. (that's my *weird* one. I have others that are more "normal" LOL)

Sounds like "no big deal" until you realize how many things have onion chopped up and included in the ingredients. And while WDW is a great place for someone with food allergies, simply because they are so awesome about helping us out, it can be tricky at times.

What I have learned that helps the most is to have an explanation that anyone can understand - Quick Serve or Counter Service places tend to be busy, and things most fast, so I learned a long time ago to simply say "I'm allergic to onions in all forms". If you can find a simple (as possible) statement that the CM can quickly grasp and relay to the kitchen, it helps a lot.

It's OK. I have a weird food allergy. I'm allergic to onions. (that's my *weird* one. I have others that are more "normal" LOL)

My GF is also allergic. I am constantly picking on her for being weird. she can have dehydrated onion though. between her and my GF friend, planning dinner parties is fun.....

They used to give you a big binder at QS places with ingredients listed for each item - do they still do that? I don't remember it happening on our last few trips. It does take longer to order food and we've sometimes told the person taking the order and they've called over someone and so forth. Everyone behind us got stuck waiting all that extra time too. Places that work better don't have a single line - like the QS place in the avatar land at AK works very well - as does the QS place in The Land at Epcot - or the food courts in the values that have stations and we just get pulled off to the side to wait for the chef. It's just the way they are structured vs some places like Pinocchio Haus, ABC Commissary, etc. that seem to have very long lines at each cashier who takes the order and you pay them. I'm just mentioning it that it sounds like your allergies are the type where they may call in a manager to assist - not to discourage you but so you know it may happen. My son is older now and does his own ordering and allergy management so I haven't always seen how it got done in our past few trips.

Last edited:
My GF is also allergic. I am constantly picking on her for being weird. she can have dehydrated onion though. between her and my GF friend, planning dinner parties is fun.....

I can have small amounts of dehydrated onion, and onion powder - so for now, my beloved homemade Chex Mix is safe! :) Our daughter is allergic to onions as well, and has the same tolerances I do. Worst part is that we both *love* onions - especially onion rings - so much!

I know I have done mobile ordering and asked for something to be left off. I do not remember how I did it. Just took a few extra minutes to get the food. It was at Resturantsaurus and I did not want some sort of spicy aioli sauce on a sandwich that I was ordering. My friend's food came out in like 5 minutes and mine took another 10 it felt like. The cast member went looking since it was taking so long.

They used to give you a big binder at QS places with ingredients listed for each item - do they still do that? I don't remember it happening on our last few trips. It does take longer to order food and we've sometimes told the person taking the order and they've called over someone and so forth. Everyone behind us got stuck waiting all that extra time too. Places that work better don't have a single line - like the QS place in the avatar land at AK works very well - as does the QS place in The Land at Epcot - or the food courts in the values that have stations and we just get pulled off to the side to wait for the chef. It's just the way they are structured vs some places like Pinocchio Haus, ABC Commissary, etc. that seem to have very long lines at each cashier who takes the order and you pay them. I'm just mentioning it that it sounds like your allergies are the type where they may call in a manager to assist - not to discourage you but so you know it may happen. My son is older now and does his own ordering and allergy management so I haven't always seen how it got done in our past few trips.

THe ingredient binders are still available.

However, most QS places have an "allergy menu" now that will show options for top 8 allergies [not necessarily all the options, but anyhow]. Some people with those allergies feel ok ordering from it via the cashier.

However, if you don't feel comfortable with that or have allergies beyond those or have multiple allergies, you are always welcome to ask for the allergy-trained cast member, who is generally a manager or a chef, depending on the location. We always ask to speak to the allergy-trained person. Sometimes we have to insist asthe cashier is determined to take our order themselves. Once they finally agree to request that person, we then wait off to the side so other people can do their orders, and the manager/chef will come to us -- it can be a bit of a wait. We then have a conversation about what we want/what can be safely prepared, and they go make our meal. At some QS, especially at the larger resort QS, you don't start at the cashier, just grab a free-walking CM and tell them you want to place an allergy order and they will tell you where to go for that.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter