Food and Wine in October?

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
We are planning an Oct 2019 trip during food and wine. We hope to hit the Halloween party.... otherwise, what would be the best week in October to experience Food n Wine? Does it matter, or is it random? Should we try for the end (vs the beginning) of October on the off chance Star Wars land will be open? Any advice much appreciated!

We are planning an Oct 2019 trip during food and wine. We hope to hit the Halloween party.... otherwise, what would be the best week in October to experience Food n Wine? Does it matter, or is it random? Should we try for the end (vs the beginning) of October on the off chance Star Wars land will be open? Any advice much appreciated!
Well, I imagine that a lot will depend on where you own and what size villa you plan to book. Studios during Fall Frenzy go quickly and are already gone for many dates in October for the smaller resorts and those in the Epcot area. I would check availability at my home resort(s) now and try to book what I can for the first or second week of October.

IMO the likelyhood of StarWars land being open in October is .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

We've been both early, mid and late October and while I'd like to say the weather makes a difference we've had really hot during all those times and some rather cool weather during all those times. Rain is probably more likely earlier in the month but it can rain anytime in FL. I'd probably just pick a date that has the availability you want and sounds good and go from there.

If you can visit F&W on a weekday it will be much more enjoyable. The event has become so popular with locals it's absolutely mobbed on weekends.

Well, I imagine that a lot will depend on where you own and what size villa you plan to book. Studios during Fall Frenzy go quickly and are already gone for many dates in October for the smaller resorts and those in the Epcot area. I would check availability at my home resort(s) now and try to book what I can for the first or second week of October.
Thx. Having trouble booking our std 2bd at bwv. It’s been crazy, so I’ve waitlisted what I couldn’t get from October 5-13. Just wondering if the latter part of the month would be better.

Thx. Having trouble booking our std 2bd at bwv. It’s been crazy, so I’ve waitlisted what I couldn’t get from October 5-13. Just wondering if the latter part of the month would be better.
Day of week will matter more than the actual week of the month. As previously posted, weekdays are better than weekends. If you can only go on a weekend, get there as early as possible (by 11 am when World Showcase opens if possible).

Probably not. There is a lot of walking going on for studios and every BWV 2BR is a lockoff. So, as studios book up, 2BR villas get converted to a 1BR + studio for booking purposes. If you have enough points, try for the P/G View. They are more likely to be available for a longer period of time. The Std. Views will disappear on or before 8 AM at the 11-month mark.

I did the week before Halloween a couple of years ago and it was great. Still on the hot side but not as bad as earlier.

If you're interested in getting some of the F&W merch go earlier. We went mid-October this year and a lot of stuff sold out and shirt sizes were extremely limited.

We've been both early, mid and late October and while I'd like to say the weather makes a difference we've had really hot during all those times and some rather cool weather during all those times

We just went November 1-7 and it was still pretty warm, I think it became seasonably cooler a few days after we left. Walking around in the sunshine/heat consuming copious amounts of alcohol and rich food takes its toll. Not that you have to do that ;)

We went in the beginning of October this year and the weather was perfect! Next year I am on the Bermuda MC, so I am planning later in the month.

The later in October you can get a reservation I would say the better. The weather is still a bit warm (unless you hit a cold front), but late October would be what I shoot for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter