Food and Wine/Halloween trip for 6 this Fall!

Puceka21

Earning My Ears
Hello!!

I am looking into planning a trip for my husband and I with 2 other couples. 3 out of the 6 are former Cast Members, and my Husband and I got married in WDW in 2014. So, we know a little bit about Disney. BUT I have never been on a triple date trip like this.

We're looking into staying in one of the family suites at Art of Animation. It looks like the best bang for the buck. I do love the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, but then two of us would have to sleep in bunk beds. The youngest of us will be 23 at the time of the trip, so that doesn't sound like the best idea. Same with the family suites at All Star Music. Two single sleeper chairs don't really cut it, despite it being decent amount of savings from the others.

We are all pretty into Halloween as well, and I haven't been to MNSSHP with my husband yet. We got to the the Christmas party during our honeymoon. AND of course, we will be doing everything Food and Wine.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has had experience staying in one of the family suites with an adult group, and what it was like. AoA is the only resort I've never been to, even just to visit. Also, best recommendations for Food and Wine with a group? I see a lot of people say to get the gift cards, but are Magic Bands just as good?

Outside of that, and ideas for good group dining? I'm a vegetarian, so Ohana doesn't do much for me. I pretty much know what's available, but I love to hear what people's actual experiences are like. Jiko is a must every time I visit, and we would love to (obviously) get into Be Our Guest. Does anyone know is the breakfast is worth the substantial price?

This is all still in the works, but I'd like to make the best possible pitch to convince everyone to go! This would truly be an adult trip, and the last few times I've been, it's been as a couple or doing the pretty standard visits. Haven't been to F&W in years, and it's always fun to celebrate Halloween in the Magic Kingdom!!

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Have a great time! I can't give resort advice for group of 6 but def budget for MNSSHP. Get in line for entrance before 4pm and buy any souvenir shirts you want and enjoy an early CS dinner before the party starts. Also book FP+ for rides betw 4pm & 6pm. For F&W, I prefer the gift cards on the wrist strap so I can better control my purchases. I know I have loaded eg $65 on the card so that gives me a rough budget for the kiosks rather than charging endlessly on the band back to my room. Re BOG breakfast, it can be worthwhile if you get a very early breakfast ADR and line up in the early MK ADR entrance line. I believe you can still share breakfast entrees. With an 8am BOG brkfst last Fall, I managed to ride 7DMT 3x in a row before park opening. That's not a sure thing, but worked out well for me. Re other dining experiences, consider Sanaa if you love Jiko. Less $ and still incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter