Food and Wine Festival - 2005

GDUL

DIS Veteran
Based on all of the great reports regarding this years' Food and Wine Festival, my wife and I are thinking about going to the 2005 Festival. Does this Festival always take place in October (and early November this year, I gather)? Do the various events (Party for the Senses, etc) occur each day or only on specific days? When does WDW normally post the schedule for the Festival?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Originally posted by GDUL
Based on all of the great reports regarding this years' Food and Wine Festival, my wife and I are thinking about going to the 2005 Festival. Does this Festival always take place in October (and early November this year, I gather)? Do the various events (Party for the Senses, etc) occur each day or only on specific days? When does WDW normally post the schedule for the Festival?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

this is the first year that the festival started october 1st. It usually runs mid october to mid november. So, next year is anybody's guess right now.

the special events (that you pay extra for) are on specific days.

The Party for the Senses is on Saturday's, Signature dinners are on Sunday's, Wine pairings depend on what restaurant it is being held at (Coral Reef is on Fridays for example)

The scedule is usually posted in July. this year, the Dis had the schedule before Disney posted and the Dis's was much more detailed.

Ed

I highly recommend you try the Festival. We just returned Saturday and had a wonderful time and didn't try a food we didn't like. Crowds can be rather large at times, however. We went over after tea at the GF on the 23rd and you couldn't move. In all the years we;ve been I've never seen it so mobbed, It was insane. On Sunday it was just a run of the mill WS day with average crowds. A lot of Floridians come on weekends wo enjoy the F&WF. We'll be back for it in 2005. Just can't stay away.

ILUVDXL has a good point:
w/e's were packed when we were there mid-month. Monday - Thursday was fairly uncrowded, Friday it picked up a bit (crowded), but the w/e's were jammed with people.

Gary...
It was awesome!! I've been wanting to go for a few years and I was not disappointed. yum, yum! And I just did the basic food and wine kiosks around World Showcase. I would definitely go again and try some of the other events.

Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter