• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food Allergies and Dining

ssnelle

Love Disney
Does anyone know how accommodating Disney would be with food allergies? I have heard they handle the nut and seafood allergies well, but my oldest child has many allergies and immune issues and am wondering on our next trip how "far" they will go to accommodate. Probably will not travel until at least 6 more months if that..

They are very good. Check the DISabilities board for better info. You work with the Special Diets folks and they will help you.

Very accommodating. I self-identified multiple diners with multiple allergies on our ADRs, and at every TS venue, a chef or manager came out to the table to discuss menu options with us.

Every location was able to pretty much stick to the menu with slight sauce or preparation modifications.

Only in one instance did we have to get something completely off the menu, but the diner insists it was delicious and well-prepared.

They have always been wonderful with my son's multiple allergies. Last time we went he couldn't have corn, dairy, wheat, or soy. The chef came to the table each time and discussed our options. They were very knowledgable and my son was really happy that the chef brought him his food specially.

I Am very comfortable with the food safety for food allergies . Of course we must always be prudent . I would say the Buffets Tusker House, and Crystal Palace and CS Sunshine Seasons and pop were where my confidence really was made. The chefs are well informed and sincere with the process. Which really made it great for My tree nut and peanut nut allergy DS. The first time he had an ice cream sundae in a restauraunt was at crystal palace when he was 4.
I would tell you WS is a little less user friendly from a diverse food option standpoint. My DS only eats at America, Hotdogs or Nuggets we have never tried the TS at WS. DS does not do any of the Food and wine Kiosks, There are no people present that actually prepare the food

DD5 is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts and they were super accomodating. I know a girl who has very serious allergies and they were even able to make it safe for her to eat. I recall 'Ohana actually made her all sorts of special foods for every course of the meal.

I would highly recommend you email WDW at specialdiets@disneyworld.com. I have a huge email from them about how they handle allergies and intollerances, but it won't let me paste it on here. I do know there is a special form you'll need to complete if you fit any of the following criteria...

- PKU
- Metabolic disorders
- A single guest with 4 or more allergies/intolerances

If you fit any of the above 3 scenarios, ithe form they have you complete will list out all of your adrs and they'll get with the various chefs in advance to make safe food for you.

I've read soooooo many positive Disney dining stories on our allergy forum, so I'm sure they can work with you. I've even heard CS spots bending over backwards to accomodate allergies.

I made a note on our reservations about the food allergies but that is all. I think when we get closer to our travel date I will send an email explaining our food problems. DB has chronic migraines, they never completely go away. But after years of work, diet, medications he is doing much much better. But there are a bunch of foods he can't have such as beans, hard cheeses, msg, etc. I am anticipating Disney will help us out choosing his foods. When DS was about 14 he had an allergy to corn. He eventually grew out of it but when were were at Disneyworld they were very accomodating. He knew what he could and could not have. Even the counter services were great. They pulled out a huge 3 ring binder with all the ingredients for each of the food items they served. Helped us a great deal and no break outs while we were there.

In general, they are AMAZING. Absolutely phenominal. In Sept we did a TS a day with a party of three -- one with 8 anaphylatic allergies, one with 9 severe allergies plus latex, and myself, vegetarian with a couple of minor allergies. We had one chef with bad attitude, but the rest of the chefs were beyond amazing and we ate safely all trip. We just don't eat out at home, it's not worth the hassle or risk -- but we were able to eat safely at WDW, and feel confident in what we were served.

As others said, check out the Special Diets page at WDW, send in the form if you need to, and then you'll speak with the chefs. They'll make sure your party eats safely, and well. :)

Thank you so much. You sound like us, the allergies change a little as he grows. My son has multiple and right now he is at an all time horrible, and I want so much to take him to the world. How great it would be for us all to get a vacation from our health issues and feel confident that someone else is handling the cooking and planning and feeling safe about it all.

I am going to start looking into this. Thanks again!

They have always been wonderful with my son's multiple allergies. Last time we went he couldn't have corn, dairy, wheat, or soy. The chef came to the table each time and discussed our options. They were very knowledgable and my son was really happy that the chef brought him his food specially.

The special diets email is amazing (that they have such a thing). I most definitely will start there.

DD5 is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts and they were super accomodating. I know a girl who has very serious allergies and they were even able to make it safe for her to eat. I recall 'Ohana actually made her all sorts of special foods for every course of the meal.

I would highly recommend you email WDW at specialdiets@disneyworld.com. I have a huge email from them about how they handle allergies and intollerances, but it won't let me paste it on here. I do know there is a special form you'll need to complete if you fit any of the following criteria...

- PKU
- Metabolic disorders
- A single guest with 4 or more allergies/intolerances

If you fit any of the above 3 scenarios, ithe form they have you complete will list out all of your adrs and they'll get with the various chefs in advance to make safe food for you.

I've read soooooo many positive Disney dining stories on our allergy forum, so I'm sure they can work with you. I've even heard CS spots bending over backwards to accomodate allergies.

If they can handle someone with 8 anaphylatic allergies, I guess they can handle my boy with 4 severe allergies. That is unbelievable.

Thanks everybody! You do know it all.

In general, they are AMAZING. Absolutely phenominal. In Sept we did a TS a day with a party of three -- one with 8 anaphylatic allergies, one with 9 severe allergies plus latex, and myself, vegetarian with a couple of minor allergies. We had one chef with bad attitude, but the rest of the chefs were beyond amazing and we ate safely all trip. We just don't eat out at home, it's not worth the hassle or risk -- but we were able to eat safely at WDW, and feel confident in what we were served.

As others said, check out the Special Diets page at WDW, send in the form if you need to, and then you'll speak with the chefs. They'll make sure your party eats safely, and well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter