Follow up question re: Jenn's message

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
Getting an OKW 1bedroom unit for the first time...what items do we need to bring with us?

I've already bought a king size purple set of sheets. (Because people say the fitted sheet never stays on the bed and it gets monotonous tightening the sheets everyday).

I was also planning on bringing some laundry detergent tablets. (for a few more loads)

Any other suggestions from DVC veterans????

figaro1.jpg

'81 - Cont.
'88 - Disneyland
'89 - Maingate East
'91 - CBR
'94 - CBR
'95 - CBR
'98 - BC
'00 - WL
'01 - OKW

So far, other than food, I'm thinking:

Laundry detergent - I bought the tablets, too. I am packing enough for a couple of loads each day (there are 11 of us going). Otherwise, I would say 1 load per day would be plenty for my family.

Dishwasher soap - my local drugstore had individual packets in the travel size section so I grabbed one for 1 load each day rather than buy a big bottle and have to throw it out before we leave.

Salt/Pepper - Morton's has a disposable salt/pepper combo pack for a little over $1. I plan to grab one of those.

Sugar - I'm getting a box of the individual packets for coffee/cereal.

That's about it - I think! The above I am bringing with me and we are stopping at a grocery store to pick up food on our way. We made a list in advance of what we want to save time and avoid buying too much.

Jenn

I was also going to get the tablets for the dishwasher as opposed to liquid or powdered soap. I thought this would be easier too!

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

figaro1.jpg

'81 - Cont.
'88 - Disneyland
'89 - Maingate East
'91 - CBR
'94 - CBR
'95 - CBR
'98 - BC
'00 - WL
'01 - OKW

Dishwasher soap is provided by DVC. I've never found sheets necessary but if you feel better about it, go for it.

I'm one of those who sometimes brings a smaller size non-stick pan. The large skillet they provide is tricky for scrambled eggs. Other items might be a very small amount of bubble bath for the tub, some saran wrap, dryer sheets. Sometimes people also bring small amounts of spices that they might want for cooking.

I was under the impression they only provided one usage of dishwasher detergent and laundry detergent. Am I wrong on the dishwasher detergent?

Jenn

If your going to bring sheets, I have never been happy about the size of the TV so you may want to bring your Big Screen. Also the VCR does'nt have all the options I like so you may want to bring a DVD. And those Drapes!

Sorry, just kidding. :)

When we were at OKW in December, we must have been in a unit that nobody ever did dishes in; there were 6 packets of detergent in the dish cupboard, 4 in a drawer, and 6 more under the sink, in addition to the 1 on the counter! We could have washed each dish in a separate load!!

'We're all here because we're not all there!'
Bucky LaRue

Disneyland 1956,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,70,75,77,78,84,86,89,99
WDW 79,81,83,91,92,94,95,96(3x),97,98,99,00
Next trips: 12/01 BWV; 3/02 Grand Californian

If you ask, they will provide more dishwasher powder. We usually bring laundry soap, but find what is provided for dishwasher to be acceptable. I don't see the need for a sheet either. Maybe we are so tired after a full day in the park we just don't move around so much!! :D At any rate, it is no big deal to me.

Disneydiane
mickey36.gif

One more item, if you are coffee drinkers. You will need filters, and coffee. The pots take the Mr. Coffee type, flat bottom, the pot is 12 cup. I have found the MaxwellHouse filter packs, with coffee packed in a filter, work fine.

Bill
OKW '93

I always bring a nonstick frying pan, pancake turner, sheets of aluminum foil, a collapsible cooler ( for the pool and water parks) playing cards and my family! Have fun!

Bring a desire to have a great time and leave your worries at home.

Not going again until July, but we're already exicited.

Jenn I haven't been since they switched to dishwasher packets instead of the whole container. I'm pretty sure they will provide as much as you need since they probably prefer you use their chosen detergent in the dishwasher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter