Focus on the prize...

LuvTigger

DIS Veteran
I try to read motivational books and listen to motivational tapes (well, CDs now). Not strictly for weight loss, but for general self-improvement. I was listening to one today which brought up a common theme and I've heard people here say too, which is to "focus on the prize more than the payment." The speaker talked about how in order to reach goals, you have to focus more on the goal itself than what you're going to have to do to reach that goal. She also said that when you start focusing in on the "payment" rather than the prize, fear sets in, and that's when people fail. Fortunately, we can always keep trying and start again until the prize is more important than the payment!

Anyhow, I'm probably writing this more for myself so that I can embed that thought into my brain, but wanted to share it with my WISH friends too!

Have a great week! :D

Thanks, Luv Tigger!!!!

I think it's great that you listen to motivational tapes and apply that "focus on the prize" theory to more than just losing weight. I try to do the same!!! I listen to tapes that motivate me and try to read as much as I can that is inspirational. My philosophy is that we get what we think, so I put my energy and focus into wonderful daydreams about how my life will be. It really works! I think that our thoughts are like magnents. I know if I start to feel down, it is pretty easy for me to fill my head with discouraging thoughts, or if I start to worry about something, more of the same just shows up in my experience. So I am always doing my best to reach for the happiest feeling thought! :) It gets easier and easier to be on a happy wavelength the more I practise this way of life!

Keeping my eye on the prize, there are about a million and a half prizes I have in mind!!! :)

I am always looking for something or someone to motivate or inspire me, I think that plays a huge part in ones success. Thanks for starting the week with something motivational to think about.

I also look for motivation alot, which is why I come to this board...Thanks for posting this, I find it very true! :)

Thanks for sharing your POSITIVE inspiration with us!! That is the reason I love the Wish Boards so much....because of all the positive enegry!!

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter