• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

FNtasy tour

I did this tour on the Dream in 2011, and I really enjoyed it! The tour began in Meridian, the bar between Remy and Palo. The CM walks around the ship with you and points out/talks about all of the Disney 'theming' that makes up the decor and ambiance of the ship, from art to music to carpeting to decor like light fixtures/murals to little touches/details that you may not even notice. It's very relaxed, and you can ask lots of questions. It was a great tour, and I'd recommend it! I think it was adults only, from what I recall. :goodvibes

DH and I did this tour on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago and loved it! Like the PP said, it's an hour long and is just for adults. There is no charge, but you have to register at GS and they will give you a ticket. The tour explained a lot of neat facts about the ship that I would have never known or picked up on my own. We didn't dine at Remy but got to walk through there as well. I would definitely not miss this tour!!

Also, there is a little known galley tour that you have to sign up for at GS. We found out about it at the Art of the Theme tour, but by the time we tried to register, it was filled. However, some people from our cruise meet said it wasn't that great. I still think it would have been cool to see the galley area even if the tour wasn't that good.

Is the tour just once during the sailing or do they have multiple ones? Also would you recommend signing up the first day on the ship.

Is the tour just once during the sailing or do they have multiple ones? Also would you recommend signing up the first day on the ship.

We were on the Eastern which I see you are doing in September. The tour was offered one time per day on each of the 3 sea days. We signed up on the first day (I think after dinner) so I'm not sure how quickly it fills up. However, I would advise to sign up as early as possible for any activities that you consider "can't miss" just to be on the safe side.

We were on the Eastern which I see you are doing in September. The tour was offered one time per day on each of the 3 sea days. We signed up on the first day (I think after dinner) so I'm not sure how quickly it fills up. However, I would advise to sign up as early as possible for any activities that you consider "can't miss" just to be on the safe side.

Great. Thanks that's good to know. I'll just do it as soon as I can after we board to be safe. I love tours like that. I'll have to do some research and see what other similar tours they might also have.

Did your research uncover any other tours? So far I've read about the "art of the theme" tour and the galley tour. As best as I can tell the galley tour is done through guest services and operates on sea days. What about the art tour?

Thanks

We are sailing on the Fantasy next summer I will check into this. I have taken the galley tour on the Wonder and Dream and have found them informative and enjoyable. :thumbsup2

It was offered a couple of times on the Dream 3-night earlier this month. There was no sign up - you just went to Meridian at the assigned time. And yes, it's 18+.

LOVED it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter